2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media New to me / Need some advice

10-22-2021, 08:45 PM   #1
PNW_F10
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

New to me / Need some advice

Evening all,

Super excited I landed this F10 MSport with 68k miles for $23k in the color combo I wanted.

I'm going to replace the charge pipe and water pump / thermostat next week as a preventative. Just got Pilot AS4s on it for PNW rain they grip well. Everything else checks out clean.

What do you guys recommend for a tune and exhaust? I have a buddy that has a 2013 335is and I love the exhaust burble. I just want something that when I put it in sport+ it gets aggressive. Anything else not obnoxious, I'm getting older so don't want an annoying car lol. Not trying to go nuts here, but would like another 100HP and better sound then I'm done. Everything else is mint, love this car for a second option to my daily, previous was an E46 M3, which I loved, but again getting older!

Advice appreciated! I am going with the non-OEM Charge pipe.

Appreciate it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      11-01-2021, 03:07 AM   #2
willin11
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

That's a pretty good deal, lucky you, congrats!

I went with Bootmod tune.

There are plenty of exhausts around. What sound are you trying to achieve? M Performance, Stone, and Dinan have the kind of sound I prefer to others. They are fantastic for performance too but you'd have to weigh the options to fit in with your goals.

What are other mods do you plan to do? Sounds exciting!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 03:16 AM   #3
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
I second the Bootmod3 tune. I've currently got the stage 1 tune. It made quite a difference in the character and is very smooth. I also have the xhp transmission tune which makes a noticeable difference when in sport and sport+.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2022, 07:45 PM   #4
ctcarbonari
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i M Sport

Garage List
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2015 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Congrats & Greetings from the PNW!

I bought a 2015 535i MSport (Wht/Blk) w/Shadowline Trim about 6 months ago.
Beautiful Car & very fun to drive.

As for tunes, I'm leaning towards MHD. Although I'm still considering JB4 or Bootmod3. Ultimately, my goal is to end up with a Stage 1+/2 style tune.
(I just finished changing out all fluids/filters, plugs & coils - I need to slow down the $$$ bleeding a bit before I invest into the fun stuff)

I got lucky and the car came with M Performance Exhaust and I absolutely love the sound! Not too aggressive but a nice low growl.

+1 to the Michelin PS4 A/S. I did the exact same as you. Good tires for this part of the country and the 3+ seasons that we get.

+100 HP? I would say that you're looking at new IC & DP for sure (and CP, of course). But I defer any specific inputs on that to the experts out there & there are many forum discussions about specific builds.

Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 11:51 AM   #5
musclesmarinara75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 N55 535i XDrive

Garage List
2013 535 XDrive  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_F10 View Post
Evening all,

Super excited I landed this F10 MSport with 68k miles for $23k in the color combo I wanted.

I'm going to replace the charge pipe and water pump / thermostat next week as a preventative. Just got Pilot AS4s on it for PNW rain they grip well. Everything else checks out clean.

What do you guys recommend for a tune and exhaust? I have a buddy that has a 2013 335is and I love the exhaust burble. I just want something that when I put it in sport+ it gets aggressive. Anything else not obnoxious, I'm getting older so don't want an annoying car lol. Not trying to go nuts here, but would like another 100HP and better sound then I'm done. Everything else is mint, love this car for a second option to my daily, previous was an E46 M3, which I loved, but again getting older!

Advice appreciated! I am going with the non-OEM Charge pipe.

Appreciate it.
If your looking for 100 HP your gonna have to first go FBO.. then worry about getting your tune... I'm biased to BM3.. but MHD is also very good.. you will no be upset with either one though... it is a slippery slope though.. I thought I was just going to change out my Intake and charge pipe... 5 years and $15,000 later.. he I am... but I enjoyd everybit off it
      03-05-2022, 08:16 PM   #6
PNW_F10
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
I second the Bootmod3 tune. I've currently got the stage 1 tune. It made quite a difference in the character and is very smooth. I also have the xhp transmission tune which makes a noticeable difference when in sport and sport+.
I used to live in Cape Coral, represent SWFL! Yeah, I'm leaning towards the MHD tune,
Appreciate 1
SWFLf10372.00