2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs How to clean headliner?

01-14-2016, 05:41 PM   #1
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

How to clean headliner?

So I had to transport a couple of sets of wheels/tires and marked up my headliner above the rear seats. What do you guys recommend and the process used to remove this? I don't want to do it wrong and end up just smearing it around. Not sure what the material is but it's light grey and not Alcantara, looks more like a netted fabric.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
mragarg
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
So I had to transport a couple of sets of wheels/tires and marked up my headliner above the rear seats. What do you guys recommend and the process used to remove this? I don't want to do it wrong and end up just smearing it around. Not sure what the material is but it's light grey and not Alcantara, looks more like a netted fabric.
You spray a very light amount of interior cleaner onto a soft brush and dab and lightly brush the area. If you look up "AMMO NYC interior" on YouTube, Larry shows this. He explains the whole thing and the main thing is to prevent the headliner from sagging.
1972 Mercedes Benz 280 SEL
2014 BMW 550i
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2016, 09:46 AM   #3
dadysev
Captain
Montenegro
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Baby wipes! been doing it on BMW's for years. pass same direction. don't scrub!
Appreciate 0