2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK F10 Speaker Upgarde with amp

06-26-2019, 06:56 AM   #1
greenbell14
Rep
Drives: 2013 530D M Sport

F10 Speaker Upgarde with amp

Hey there, i am contemplating the MB Quart 200.3 speakers with the MB quart NSC475 amp. I'll be honest i dont know much about speakers, but i know that the standard speakers on my f10 are awful. I've been told i need a sound processor - ive been recommended the Soundstream ICQ-4. Total cost is looking around 450 with the wiring etc. My question is, is there a better alternative to this set up? I can see there are a few other plug and play options on the first page of this thread - https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthr...1324590&page=1

i want to know what the best options are with an amp.

Sorry for the long winded post. Im new to the forum world. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 11:06 PM   #2
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Here are the best options according to system goals and budget:

https://www.audiofile-incar.co.uk/au...7-and-x-series

As you know if you do it yourself and source your own components it will work out a lot cheaper.

So what are your system goals? General improvement? More bass? DSP? Budget? Do you have loudspeaker advanced, base or, HK?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 05:57 PM   #3
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbell14 View Post
Hey there, i am contemplating the MB Quart 200.3 speakers with the MB quart NSC475 amp. I'll be honest i dont know much about speakers, but i know that the standard speakers on my f10 are awful. I've been told i need a sound processor - ive been recommended the Soundstream ICQ-4. Total cost is looking around 450 with the wiring etc. My question is, is there a better alternative to this set up? I can see there are a few other plug and play options on the first page of this thread - https://f10.5post.com/forums/showthr...1324590&page=1

i want to know what the best options are with an amp.

Sorry for the long winded post. Im new to the forum world. Any help would be appreciated.
Mate, honestly speaking i had the exact set up, probably from the same seller off ebay.....speakers are great but the amp and icq are average. Just get a decent amp like an audison. It makes such a difference. The mb quart amp i got from them kept cutting out and not starting up sometimes. Spend a little bit more, you wont regret it, thats what i ended up doing
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 06:11 PM   #4
seguero
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hello guys, my name is Sergiu, I'm new to the forum.
I have some questions and I didn't want to create a new thread about it since this one is related to the matter.
So, I just bought a F10-2013, it's a really nice car but I have to say that the sound system isn't what I expected.
I've been looking through a lot of forums about upgrading my audio and decided that's what I want to do.
So I have a basic sound system and I'd appreciate if you could help me with a set up and some links from where I could buy speakers amp and icq.
Also, if you could tell me how much is the fitting gonna cost me.
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 07:48 PM   #5
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguero View Post
Hello guys, my name is Sergiu, I'm new to the forum.
I have some questions and I didn't want to create a new thread about it since this one is related to the matter.
So, I just bought a F10-2013, it's a really nice car but I have to say that the sound system isn't what I expected.
I've been looking through a lot of forums about upgrading my audio and decided that's what I want to do.
So I have a basic sound system and I'd appreciate if you could help me with a set up and some links from where I could buy speakers amp and icq.
Also, if you could tell me how much is the fitting gonna cost me.
Thanks in advance
Dude same, I've been researching and ran into Bavsound even thought he price is pricey they have good reviews. Do you have standard HiFi or ?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2019, 09:45 AM   #6
seguero
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

I've got basic sound option (dont think it's HiFi) and I swear it's terrible.
I've seen that Bavsound is really easy to fit in, you don't have to pay for it, you can do it by yourself but I doubt that it will make such a big difference.
I'm not sure which one is the best solution. The sound system is really important for me in a car so I'm trying to get a good setup but not to spend too much on it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #7
quayside123
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

I had an F10 with the basic sound setup - no tweeters in the front doors. I'm not an audio snob but the lack of clarity really annoyed me so I invested in the MBQuart to upgrade the front speakers and install tweeters - it's not that difficult to upgrade provided you take your time, and I'm pleased with the results - don't think I'll bother with the amp upgrade.

- You need to buy some tweeter door inserts from BMW.
- The sub-woofers under the seats have different connectors, so wire cutting and a couple of chocolate block connectors are needed, plus they are larger so carpet needs a trim. A bigger amp would be needed to hear (or feel) any difference in the bass.
- Buy some double sided Velcro tape to mount the cross-overs in the door, otherwise you'll soon hear these rattling inside the door.
- buy a trim removal kit.

As I say, not an audio snob, so the speaker upgrade was sufficient for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #8
greenbell14
Rep
Drives: 2013 530D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panchoa View Post
Mate, honestly speaking i had the exact set up, probably from the same seller off ebay.....speakers are great but the amp and icq are average. Just get a decent amp like an audison. It makes such a difference. The mb quart amp i got from them kept cutting out and not starting up sometimes. Spend a little bit more, you wont regret it, thats what i ended up doing
Which amp did you get? I’m suffering from the same issues, the amp keeps cutting out.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 04:37 PM   #9
Panchoa
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbell14 View Post
Which amp did you get? I’m suffering from the same issues, the amp keeps cutting out.
This one. Ten times better sound than the mbquart

https://www.audison.eu/products/ap5-9-bit/
Appreciate 0