2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches Rolex
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #441
C5driver
Major
C5driver's Avatar
3477
Rep
1,125
Posts

Drives: 55...just kidding.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: 33.6167 N, 117.8975 W

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter
I'd sell my soul before selling my 'coke bezel'.

My 16710 DD...
Attached Images
 

Last edited by C5driver; 01-22-2016 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 2
      01-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #442
JoeFromPA
Colonel
1797
Rep
2,997
Posts

Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SE PA

iTrader: (0)

I have my eye on a vintage tudor submariner with date like the one on the left in this picture:

Rolex crown and case and everything else, ETA 2824 movement. Love that blue.
__________________
AW/Carbonstructure 6MT 2015 M3 picked up 8/22/2014. Stripper except for adaptive suspension. Weighed at 3,450 pounds with 1/4 fuel. 70,000 miles as of February 2020.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #443
AlpGolcuklu
Private First Class
AlpGolcuklu's Avatar
Turkey
24
Rep
133
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Turkey

iTrader: (0)

My dads yacht-master 2 and my two-tone and breitling
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 04:45 PM   #444
AMGSlayer
Private
17
Rep
80
Posts

Drives: Quick
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpGolcuklu View Post
My dads yacht-master 2 and my two-tone and breitling
Very nice! Still debating on which Rolex to be my first. This is almost a tougher choice than buying a car.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #445
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1852
Rep
2,242
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
1974 submariner 5513. My daily wear. I am told it's a 'vintage' model.
It is...or was. That isn't the original dial or hands. Must have been replaced. A 1974 5513 didn't have marker surrounds and used tritium dials. That's a luminova dial and looks to have zero patina which would be unusual for a '74. The bezel isn't period correct either. Nice watch still.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 05:39 PM   #446
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1852
Rep
2,242
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGSlayer View Post
Very nice! Still debating on which Rolex to be my first. This is almost a tougher choice than buying a car.
Nahh, you'll end up buying two or three anyway. It's a disease so be careful, you've been warned.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #447
ahero4eternity
Major
452
Rep
1,425
Posts

Drives: bmw
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: usa

iTrader: (4)

I'm in the market for a GMT 2 BLNR, but they are damn near impossible to find new from local dealers!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 06:34 PM   #448
bobblehead
Brigadier General
bobblehead's Avatar
Canada
256
Rep
4,721
Posts

Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
It is...or was. That isn't the original dial or hands. Must have been replaced. A 1974 5513 didn't have marker surrounds and used tritium dials. That's a luminova dial and looks to have zero patina which would be unusual for a '74. The bezel isn't period correct either. Nice watch still.
You are right on. I just had the watch overhauled summer 2015 and here is the list on what the repair store had to replace.

The watch was not worn during the 80's and 90's at all as I had other Rolex watches to wear. My dad's rolex was broken and he was wearing this particular watch for 5+ yrs in the late 2000's and it eventually broke and stopped. Only this year I had the watch back and took it in for a repair. Rolex shop told me I have a vintage model and once repaired, it still worth some $ if I do ever decide to sell. Although it will not command a high price, but certainly $4K US is totally possible to the right collector.
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 02:02 PM   #449
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1852
Rep
2,242
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
You are right on. I just had the watch overhauled summer 2015 and here is the list on what the repair store had to replace.

The watch was not worn during the 80's and 90's at all as I had other Rolex watches to wear. My dad's rolex was broken and he was wearing this particular watch for 5+ yrs in the late 2000's and it eventually broke and stopped. Only this year I had the watch back and took it in for a repair. Rolex shop told me I have a vintage model and once repaired, it still worth some $ if I do ever decide to sell. Although it will not command a high price, but certainly $4K US is totally possible to the right collector.
Lets be clear, my apologies if I insinuated anything. I was very certain that the watch was authentic, and I could see the parts were all authentic Rolex service replacements. I would pull that receipt photo as it shows the serial number of the watch.
I love the 5513 and it is the one vintage Rolex I want most, with an original vintage maxi dial.

As I said before, that is still one very nice watch and considering it's original retail, it is still quite valuable. cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 02:09 PM   #450
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
John Tanglewood's Avatar
Jamaica
1316
Rep
3,350
Posts

Drives: E60 M5 | F95 X5M | F90 M5
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (13)

I love my BLNR, but I'm looking for a 1984 Pepsi
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 03:31 PM   #451
bobblehead
Brigadier General
bobblehead's Avatar
Canada
256
Rep
4,721
Posts

Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Lets be clear, my apologies if I insinuated anything. I was very certain that the watch was authentic, and I could see the parts were all authentic Rolex service replacements. I would pull that receipt photo as it shows the serial number of the watch.
I love the 5513 and it is the one vintage Rolex I want most, with an original vintage maxi dial.

As I said before, that is still one very nice watch and considering it's original retail, it is still quite valuable. cheers

No apology is necessary at all. I am not a Rolex watch expert at all. I just wear them
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2016, 08:07 AM   #452
MB London
Come as you are
MB London's Avatar
United Kingdom
137
Rep
1,404
Posts

Drives: M4 SSll
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

my 40th Birthday present from the wifey.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #453
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1386
Rep
3,834
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

My first one, hopefully it's not my last.

Ref: 116610LN
Attached Images
 
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: E90 M3
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 06:34 AM   #454
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
jtodd_fl's Avatar
6704
Rep
1,298
Posts

Drives: People crazy
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
My first one, hopefully it's not my last.

Ref: 116610LN
I like that. Classic black and stainless. Very nice.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #455
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1852
Rep
2,242
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
My first one, hopefully it's not my last.

Ref: 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I like that. Classic black and stainless. Very nice.
I agree, I have had quite a few colourful Rolexes and the last Sub I had was the LVC and goodness I loved that watch and how it played with light, but I always came back to black. It has the secret Rolex magic sauce.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 08:14 AM   #456
JNoSol
Brigadier General
JNoSol's Avatar
United_States
1386
Rep
3,834
Posts

Drives: 750 MSPORT & E90M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I like that. Classic black and stainless. Very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
I agree, I have had quite a few colourful Rolexes and the last Sub I had was the LVC and goodness I loved that watch and how it played with light, but I always came back to black. It has the secret Rolex magic sauce.
Thanks guys. Every watch guy I talked to said a black sub with date is like a Porsche 911. Conservative lines with no drastic changes year over year, functional, and they hold their value well.

I was watching Billion Dollar Wreck on the history channel. One of the divers is rocking the Rolex Deep-Sea. Pretty cool to see a pro diver using a Rolex for what it's designed to do. 800ft depth dives and they have to sit in a helium decompression chamber after the dive. The Deep-Sea has the gas escape valve, which prevents the watch from falling apart in the decompression chamber.
__________________
Daily: G12 750 MSPORT Weekend Car: E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 06:55 PM   #457
K19BMW
Lieutenant
K19BMW's Avatar
110
Rep
441
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi sedan
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Bought this in August but forgot to post it on here.
50th Anniversary sub
__________________
2008 335xi Sedan in Monaco Blue/Beige Dakota Leather/Cold Weather/Premium Package/ Navigation/ Logic7

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 2
DKX4///M759.00
      03-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #458
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
SaMaster14's Avatar
4497
Rep
3,873
Posts

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW
Bought this in August but forgot to post it on here.
50th Anniversary sub
Love the green gold bezel!
__________________
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #459
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1852
Rep
2,242
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Love the green gold bezel!
The bezel isn't green gold, just aluminium.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 11:56 PM   #460
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
SaMaster14's Avatar
4497
Rep
3,873
Posts

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Love the green gold bezel!
The bezel isn't green gold, just aluminium.
Is that only on the 50th anniversary? I could have sworn when I was purchasing my GMT master II, the specs on the green bezeled submariners was green gold. Maybe only the ones with the green face as well?
__________________
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 12:43 AM   #461
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
1852
Rep
2,242
Posts

Drives: Yaz M3
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Is that only on the 50th anniversary? I could have sworn when I was purchasing my GMT master II, the specs on the green bezeled submariners was green gold. Maybe only the ones with the green face as well?
None are green gold. The 16610LV(the one above) is the only true 50th Anniversary really. The new 116610 LVC(green dial/bezel) was advertised by Rolex in the first year of release to have gold flakes on the green dial to make the color. They have since pulled the advertising and there aren't any gold hallmarks on the back of the dial, nor can any current Rolex literature be found to back the claim.

Nonetheless, all are gorgeous watches. Let me see if I can shrink a pic of my LVC.
Attached Images
  

Last edited by Blksnowflake; 03-06-2016 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 12:46 AM   #462
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
SaMaster14's Avatar
4497
Rep
3,873
Posts

Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
Is that only on the 50th anniversary? I could have sworn when I was purchasing my GMT master II, the specs on the green bezeled submariners was green gold. Maybe only the ones with the green face as well?
None are green gold. The 16610LV(the one above) is the only true 50th Anniversary really. The new 116610 LVC(green dial/bezel) was advertised by Rolex in the first year of release to have gold flakes on the green dial to make the color. They have since pulled the advertising and there aren't any gold hallmarks on the back of the dial, nor can any current Rolex literature be found to back the claim.
I was told it was oxidized gold. Good thing I didn't buy the submariner then, because they were charging a premium over the regular stainless steel black bezel/black face submariner.
__________________
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST