2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums CANADA 2012 BMW 535i xDrive missing water pump, alt. And oil condition sensors

10-05-2020, 04:55 PM   #1
TdotF10
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i xDrive

2012 BMW 535i xDrive missing water pump, alt. And oil condition sensors

Hey y'all, ive got a 2012 BMW 535i xdrive.

I've been very hesitant on posting because normally I'm able to figure the issues out just by cruising the forms and reading other people's conclusions and then practicing the same kind of procedur. this issue that I am currently dealing with is a very unique situation.

So one morning I went out to my car to start it and I noticed that the vehicle was having a weird time starting so I did a code scan, I got two codes. They were related to the valvetronic system said that the position sensor and the communications with valvetronic servo system was not available.

I monitored the vehicle throughout the day in hopes that my little troubleshooting of unplugging the connector and cleaning it with the last bit of my electrical connector cleaner would resolve the issue.

I put the car back to sleep for the night With nothing resolved woke up the next day started the car with no issues, read the car for codes nothing came up, drove the car for a little bit came back to the house after getting some redbull and noticed a whole slew of new codes.

These codes had nothing to do with valvetronic, in fact actually what they were was alternator missing water pump not receiving emergency operation signal CBS client out put of substitute signal, engine cooling system reduce power operation. Then throughout the day I noticed that more codes popped up like the water pumps missing and next it was the oil level sensor and the water pump.

So to give kind of a background I change the alternator on the vehicle about a month ago and the vehicle was running with no issues.

So this time around I change the water pump for $700 Canadian, I've changed the oil level sensor. And I've also checked to see if it's the intelligent battery sensor I don't really know how else you're supposed to diagnose that issue and I'm not willing to spend another $170 trying to diagnose this problem because my concerns are the DME has failed...

I've been reading a lot of posts where people say it could be the ground wires I don't believe it is, I'm going to double-check those either tonight or tomorrow. I'm also going to purchase some more electronic connector cleaner so I can clean out every single connection that I find.

I will post in this thread pictures of the codes I'm receiving if i can. there is a one code there that will always be there because I have the diverter valve from go-fast bits.

I just checked and it would appear that I'm not able to post any pictures so I will just give it a type out

Blow-off valve jammed closed

1C5A20
BSD, message; oil condition sensor missing

CBS client: output of substitute value

20A902
Engine cooling system, reduced power operation: coolant pump supply voltage too low

20A909
BSD, message; electronic coolant pump: missing

20AB08
Charge air, cooling system : no emergency
Operation signal at coolant pump

210C01
LIN / BSD, message; alternator: missing

If anyone knows what this might be or how to help point me in a direction that would be awesome just to let you know when I disconnect the IBS it comes up as IBS missing

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 01:47 AM   #2
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
I've seen people on this forum with multiple random error codes due to a battery going dead. If you're battery is more than 5 years old I would suggest starting there.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:43 AM   #3
n55ke
Rep
Drives: 2011 f25 3.5i

TdotF10 any luck figuring out what the issue was?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TdotF10 View Post
Hey y'all, ive got a 2012 BMW 535i xdrive.

I've been very hesitant on posting because normally I'm able to figure the issues out just by cruising the forms and reading other people's conclusions and then practicing the same kind of procedur. this issue that I am currently dealing with is a very unique situation.

So one morning I went out to my car to start it and I noticed that the vehicle was having a weird time starting so I did a code scan, I got two codes. They were related to the valvetronic system said that the position sensor and the communications with valvetronic servo system was not available.

I monitored the vehicle throughout the day in hopes that my little troubleshooting of unplugging the connector and cleaning it with the last bit of my electrical connector cleaner would resolve the issue.

I put the car back to sleep for the night With nothing resolved woke up the next day started the car with no issues, read the car for codes nothing came up, drove the car for a little bit came back to the house after getting some redbull and noticed a whole slew of new codes.

These codes had nothing to do with valvetronic, in fact actually what they were was alternator missing water pump not receiving emergency operation signal CBS client out put of substitute signal, engine cooling system reduce power operation. Then throughout the day I noticed that more codes popped up like the water pumps missing and next it was the oil level sensor and the water pump.

So to give kind of a background I change the alternator on the vehicle about a month ago and the vehicle was running with no issues.

So this time around I change the water pump for $700 Canadian, I've changed the oil level sensor. And I've also checked to see if it's the intelligent battery sensor I don't really know how else you're supposed to diagnose that issue and I'm not willing to spend another $170 trying to diagnose this problem because my concerns are the DME has failed...

I've been reading a lot of posts where people say it could be the ground wires I don't believe it is, I'm going to double-check those either tonight or tomorrow. I'm also going to purchase some more electronic connector cleaner so I can clean out every single connection that I find.

I will post in this thread pictures of the codes I'm receiving if i can. there is a one code there that will always be there because I have the diverter valve from go-fast bits.

I just checked and it would appear that I'm not able to post any pictures so I will just give it a type out

Blow-off valve jammed closed

1C5A20
BSD, message; oil condition sensor missing

CBS client: output of substitute value

20A902
Engine cooling system, reduced power operation: coolant pump supply voltage too low

20A909
BSD, message; electronic coolant pump: missing

20AB08
Charge air, cooling system : no emergency
Operation signal at coolant pump

210C01
LIN / BSD, message; alternator: missing

If anyone knows what this might be or how to help point me in a direction that would be awesome just to let you know when I disconnect the IBS it comes up as IBS missing

Appreciate 0