2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Upgrading BMW F10 NBT System to Android based mixed system

01-03-2022, 05:25 AM   #1
luthimus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 525 Xdrive

Upgrading BMW F10 NBT System to Android based mixed system

Hello,

I have a 2014 model BMW 525 Xdrive. The existing original multimedia system on the car was not supporting navigation function. So, I have decided to buy a Android based extra module and I have got installed it to my car. That nodule has a Rockchip cpu, called rk3399. It works on Android 9. I am very happy with it in general, since, I am capable to run Google Maps or any android app on my car...

But, there is big problem regarding this system. When it works normally, suddenly it goes off and the screen become black with "No Signal" text.

I have searched any patch or upgrade possibilities but, I couldn't have found yet.

Does anyone know any solution for rk3388 Android 9 (4GB Ram 32 GB Memory)

Many Thanks in advance and best regards,
Mustafa
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 04:07 PM   #2
Aussie_550i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i, 2017 430i

Hey Mustafa,

In the last few months I too installed a new Android HU. Mine has Android 11 and it started to do exactly what you have said.

I went back to the seller (alibaba) and they sent me an updated firmware to install. I have not had the problem come back since now for 1+ month.

Hope you can reach out to the seller for assistance.

Sam
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 12:05 AM   #3
luthimus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 525 Xdrive

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunatelly, I am not able to reach neither the seller nor the producer
The seller is a local man in Turkey and does not know much about the product.I made many searches at the internet sites in order to find the producer of this system, but I could not find it...
Appreciate 0