2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Reacitvate RDC/TPMS - wrong pressure

10-29-2018, 04:27 AM   #1
jeezz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Reacitvate RDC/TPMS - wrong pressure

Hi guys,
so I bought a 2014 F10 and the pre owner decided to disable RDC and activate the old RPA system. Since I now have wheels with sensors I was like.. why don't reacitvate RDC. So I fired up Esys and coded the following values:

KOMBI
ST_TYR_RDC_TIMEOUT aktiv
ST_TYR_RDC_ALIVE aktiv
DSC_MIT_RPA (DSC WITH RPA) ohne_RPA (No RPA) = 00

HU_NBT
RDC aktiv
RPA nicht_aktiv
RDC_FORTSCHRITTSANZEIGE aktiv
REIFENUEBERWACHUNG_RDC_RPA rdc (RDC) = 02
RDC_SAFETY aktiv
RDC_DRUCK_TEMP druck_und_temperatur

DSC
Funktion_ReifenPannenerkennung_aktiv nicht_aktiv

ICM
IcmKod_B_S2VBA verbaut

After that the new menue showed up in my NBT and i pressed initialize button and go a ride. After some kilometers tire pressure warning fired up, wheels in the screen went yellow and for the first time it was showing some values. The problem is it is showing exactly 1 bar less then what i pumped on the wheels!

Example: I pumped 2.5 bar, and the Idrive screen shows 1.5 bar! This applies for all the wheels.

So I started ISTA and did a testroutine called "Druckkodierung". This told me to put a special value of pressure on every wheel and then it messures it. Also here the values it reads are all minus 1 bar.

But then I started testroutine called "Messdaten Radelektronik". Here you can select to show the values of the last initalization stored in the RDC module. It's showing a timestamp, milage, pressure and temperature for every wheel. And in this screen it is showing correct values!! 2.5 bar.

Maybe someone has any idea what this could be?

Thank you

Last edited by jeezz; 10-30-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
jeezz
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Ok, figured it out myself.

While getting crazy I noticed that there was no CAFD entry for the RCD module and found out that there should be one. So I tried generating it by "Detect CAF for SWE" button. But ended up in some error message. So I reflashed RCD module and coded it.

Now everything is working perfect.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 02:17 AM   #3
Apples12
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 520D LCI auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeezz View Post
Ok, figured it out myself.

While getting crazy I noticed that there was no CAFD entry for the RCD module and found out that there should be one. So I tried generating it by "Detect CAF for SWE" button. But ended up in some error message. So I reflashed RCD module and coded it.

Now everything is working perfect.
Hi
I am having exactly same issue!

Can you please advise how you reflashed RDC module?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0