2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Rear seat removal??

03-25-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5d M Sport Metallic Whit

Rear seat removal??

Hey F07 fans...any of you removed the rear seats from your GT? Gotta a job to do with the seats and some pointers would be helpful. Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I think I've sorted out the removal of the entire seat apparatus (I'm doing an OEM rear heated seat retrofit)...after tons of research I've purchased the rear seats from a 550GT with heated seats along with other assorted used parts...call me crazy but I really want this for the long cold winters for my passengers! There are cheaper aftermarket options but I like the OEM look and function. Will post with pics once it's complete...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #3
eyedoc
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 530d '14 F07

So you may know if its possible to remove only right seat, leaving the left one with arm rest in place? Could you please post a pic of how it looks there under the right seat (removed)? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 04:25 AM   #4
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Yes, left and right are separate units. Sure, I will post some pics for you with the rear seats out - no problem.
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Pictures of seats removed

Hey Eyedoc...please see the link below for pictures of the car with the rear seats removed...it's not a hard job - just need a Torx 50 and perhaps a No. 6 Hex wrench depending on the depth of your ratchet (narrow is better!)...maybe a 5 out of 10 for difficulty. There are 5 bolts on the right side and 7 on the left. Moving the seats fore and aft helps a lot - you need to feel your way through it for access to the bolts. The two front inboard bolts were the most difficult to access with the ratchet. A couple pics show the carpet opening for wiring harnesses (which I don't have yet)...next step...heated seats and switches from a 550 GT going in tomorrow ...then the wiring...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ygg40uct6...JPEyKOaJa?dl=0
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2015, 05:10 PM   #6
eyedoc
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 530d '14 F07

THANK YOU Variante Alta, very much indeed! That was exactly what I was interested to see! I hope you're getting everything right with your heated seats !
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #7
Variante Alta
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Yes, almost done with this project...what a lot of work! All I need to do is find a way to properly use two open spots in the rear fuse box to supply power to the seat heat modules...everything else is done - I'll post a DIY when it's all finished. Not for the faint of heart. BTW, you can get the seat bottoms off with the following procedure: unscrew the seat back adjustment handle by lifting it up and holding it there, then carefully remove the cowling (trim) around it - there are two snaps holding it on and a little 'tongue' at the front...you can reach them with a screwdriver to help release the snaps. The trim around the seat fore/aft adjustment lever is in place by two pressure tab on top- pull from the top with some force to release them. Then lift up the rear edges of the seat bottom and pull forward (again with some force)...this releases the seat bottoms making access to the bolts much easier. It's harder getting the seat bottoms back in place but they go with some playing.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2016, 01:27 AM   #8
666bxg
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530d SE

Can I ask if it's possible to swap out the luxury rear seats for the standard bench seats in the F07?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2016, 09:11 PM   #9
550GT-NZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i GT

Do you know if you got access to the fuel pump?

Hi,

I know an old thread but I hope you can help me. Do you know if you were able to access the fuel pump from underneath the right rear seat? I have the 550i GT Executive and don't want to pull them out if no access :-)

Thanks

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2016, 03:38 PM   #10
550GT-NZ
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550GT-NZ View Post
Hi,

I know an old thread but I hope you can help me. Do you know if you were able to access the fuel pump from underneath the right rear seat? I have the 550i GT Executive and don't want to pull them out if no access :-)

Thanks

I'll answer my own question for anyone else sourcing this information later. Yes the fuel tank access is under the rear right seat and on the Exec version there are 5 bolts to remove to enable the seat to come out. Be careful with the underseat wiring loom.
Appreciate 0