2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Hyundai Genesis Coupe 450 HP V8

02-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
!LEFTCOAST!
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92-SG-335i

460hp DAMN!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #24
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

quit spreading false information. there is no confirmed hi-po (400+) genesis coupe. if you can find any source indicating otherwise, feel free to show us. i'm willing to bet e-money on this one

saw a red genesis with that vega body kit. looks really good for an aftermarket piece, i've gotta say
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #25
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW E90, '09 BMW E60 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
quit spreading false information. there is no confirmed hi-po (400+) genesis coupe. if you can find any source indicating otherwise, feel free to show us. i'm willing to bet e-money on this one

saw a red genesis with that vega body kit. looks really good for an aftermarket piece, i've gotta say
theres one at surrey hyundai i'm just saying what my friend who test drove it told me it is still in the testing phase so technically there is 400+ hp genesis more then one just not on sale but in the works and my friend said its planning to be the next generation of R-Spec..... the prototype was actually debuted at an autoshow heres the link :
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...sema-show.html

still wanna bet money lol jk man
2008 E90 Wrapped Matte Black & Carbon Fiber Roof, 19" Staggered Miro 111(Satin Black), Black Housing Halo Projectors, Satin Black Grill, Blacked Out Emblems, MTX Thunder Sub with Alpine Amp, K&N Air Filter, BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #26
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW E90, '09 BMW E60 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friese View Post
I don't see anything in that quote that would indicate it being placed in the coupe, the sedan has always had a V8 option. I used to own a Gen Coupe and still frequent the boards often, if this is indeed true then you are the only person out there right now who is privy to the information.
2008 E90 Wrapped Matte Black & Carbon Fiber Roof, 19" Staggered Miro 111(Satin Black), Black Housing Halo Projectors, Satin Black Grill, Blacked Out Emblems, MTX Thunder Sub with Alpine Amp, K&N Air Filter, BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
GmoneyLI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Friese View Post
I don't see anything in that quote that would indicate it being placed in the coupe, the sedan has always had a V8 option. I used to own a Gen Coupe and still frequent the boards often, if this is indeed true then you are the only person out there right now who is privy to the information.
That's a custom car.. They even said they pulled the engine out of a sedan.

I don't know if there is or isn't a production v8 coupe but that article doesn't support it.

Hyundai has come a long way. Even having that kind of performance in a sedan is impressive. They are trying to break away from their traditional car line and I hope it works out for them.
I honestly believe any car manufacturer can build a performance vehicle.. It doesn't take a NASA engineer. It's mostly a question of if they can sell it to their target market and if they feel they can break into new target markets.

That's why Nissan created Infiniti and Toyota create Lexus etc.. To break into the luxury market. No one would spend as much on a Camry as they would on an ES..etc etc It's all about perception.
Hyundai should of done the same thing IMO.
It's going to be hard to appeal to a lot of people. Part of buying a BMW or a MB or a Lexus or a Audi is the bran name and clout associated with it.
Who wants to spend 50k+ on a Hyundai? That's what the Japanese manufacturers understood and they are dry successful with their spinoff brands..
I think Hyundai built a great car but their sales aren't going to meet the projections and they may have to abandon a great vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #28
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Drove the V6 one and the numbers look good on paper but the car felt like junk. Everything felt so cheap and overall not something I wanted my brother to have. It was a couple of months ago and the car was brand new. Also the people at the dealership were really rude.

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 05:43 AM   #29
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

I'd love to take one out for a spin one day lol. Looks pretty good
Appreciate 0