2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Phone connectivity

07-26-2019, 04:05 PM   #1
TonyW1967
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW GT F07 2012

Phone connectivity

Hi All,

I have a problem with my connectivity in my 530 - just driven back from Sardinia, and halfway through the trip, my kids and I couldn't connect our phones to Bluetooth to play music from the phones.

I'm still able to take calls on my phone through the system, but when trying to connect/pair, it just doesn't work! :-(

Both our phones were previously showing in the saved connections screen, now nada.... I didn't connect anything via USB sockets, so that isn't the issue.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2019, 10:12 PM   #2
BurrNinja
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Bluestone Metallic

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyW1967 View Post
Hi All,

I have a problem with my connectivity in my 530 - just driven back from Sardinia, and halfway through the trip, my kids and I couldn't connect our phones to Bluetooth to play music from the phones.

I'm still able to take calls on my phone through the system, but when trying to connect/pair, it just doesn't work! :-(

Both our phones were previously showing in the saved connections screen, now nada.... I didn't connect anything via USB sockets, so that isn't the issue.

Any ideas?
Sometimes I get this happening, what I did was go through connected devices and hit connect off whatever phone/device through I-drive and force the car to connect to phone.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2019, 05:29 AM   #3
TonyW1967
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurrNinja View Post
Sometimes I get this happening, what I did was go through connected devices and hit connect off whatever phone/device through I-drive and force the car to connect to phone.

Thanks - so i tried connecting with my phone, it connected but didn't show in Bluetooth menu (just 'add new device' and (empty) showing), but it did show in the External devices menu. However, if I then try to 'add new device', it immediately disconnects and disappears from the external devices list.

In the past, the phone would show in the Bluetooth device list, along with the phone of my son and daughter...

Phone settings have been checked, nothing seems awry.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-25-2020, 05:12 PM   #4
wikuri
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw s1

If you are looking for a company that can offer you a perfect cell phone signal booster at a reasonable price, you have found it! We pay a lot of attention to our customers, as well as to our products’ quality, and we will make sure that every signal issue that you experience will be solved easily, swiftly and effectively. Here you can visit:

Poor cell reception may be a supply of frustration for several individuals. In our agitated and trying life, adding another drawback to the list sounds unreasonable, particularly once there's an ideal resolution for it. By getting your own mobile phone signal booster, you may get eliminate of unhealthy signal once and for all and luxuriate in the seamless communication despite wherever you're.

These days you'll purchase a booster for internet that's compatible with a large form of network suppliers, and plenty of of them are compatible with over one carrier.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 02:31 AM   #5
TonyW1967
Enlisted Member
Rep

Tis isn't about poor cell phone signal, its about the internal Combox Bluetooth Module failing - your product won't do anything to fix that! :-)
Appreciate 0