2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes F11 leveling suspension issue

02-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #1
VodkaOne
Private
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d xDrive F11 '12

F11 leveling suspension issue

Hello,

First, I'd like to thank everyone here for helping me by the past as you always did. You guys rock. It's good to know there's experts here to help us love our BMW.

I'm having an issue with my F11 touring rear right air suspension. Since a few weeks now the car starts to sag down on the rear right side when before that it never did. It happens a few minutes after I park and leave the car (maybe 5 or 10 I don't know exactly) with an air leak loud sound coming from the wheel area when the car starts to sit down on its side. The left side stays up, only the right side sits down. It's only when I start driving the car again over the first meters that the rear right suspension levels up, so it appears to me that the compressor is still working.

What's more weird is that this does not happen all the time. For exemple, I just checked that this morning the car suspension is up on both sides. But it does happen most of the time after I drove the car.

I've read several posts here about air suspension, solenoid valves, compressor, electrical relay but I have no idea how to identify the defective part.
I was hoping you could help me.

Best regards,

V1.

Last edited by VodkaOne; 02-12-2019 at 12:38 AM..
Appreciate 0