2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Help! NAV grayed out!

09-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
miguelreyes54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 528i 2.0t 2012 bmw 53

Hi i want to start by saying that im new to the forum and that everyone here is awesome . I learned a lot from here. Im posting this because i search lot and could find and answer.

So here we go ....my navigation is grayed out and i can not select it . I dont know if it got deprogrammed or what but I would love to see it work since i travel alot and it will be wonderful feature to have working . I used vin decoder and it said that my car is equipped with professional navigation

Well my nav has not been replaced(i think) and The code to connect a Bluetooth device matches the last 5 digits of my vin . I tried using e-sys but i think it say that FSC not existent. I have no clue since i really dont know much about these softwares . Can someone please help me with this problem. Any help will be appreciated :
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelreyes54 View Post
  1. my navigation is grayed out and i can not select it . I don't know if it got deprogrammed or what
  2. I used vin decoder and it said that my car is equipped with professional navigation
  3. my nav has not been replaced (i think)
  4. The code to connect a Bluetooth device matches the last 5 digits of my vin.
  5. I tried using e-sys but i think it say that FSC not existent. I have no clue since i really don't know much about these softwares .

Can someone please help me with this problem. Any help will be appreciated :
Attempting to "unpack" the situation you presented...the one thing that stands out (to me) is that your FSC code is not existent. That would be an important requirement since the FSC code is required for a map installation/update.

It's also not clear how long you've had the vehicle and if it ever had map/navigation...if it did...was there an attempt to update the nav maps? And if there was an attempt...did it fail due to not having a "correct/valid" FSC code...or was an FSC code procured from a "free" internet download...which could have possible failed?

Just to verify/clarify the importance of the FSC code...see the info below:

Updating your BMW navigation maps is essential if you want to drive safely.
If your vehicle doesn’t have a valid subscription for navigation maps, you require a special code (FSC) in order to activate the map data.

What is FSC code?

FSC (Freischaltcode) is the activation code released by BMW.
This activation code is always a 20-position combination of
characters, which is usually entered manually via the iDrive controller.
The code only contains capital letters (A – Z) and digits (2 – 7).
The activation code does not contain the digits “0” and “1”
in order to prevent confusion with the letters “O” and “I”.

Each code is specially based on VIN for each single car.
The code can not use with multiple cars.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 08:12 AM   #3
miguelreyes54
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Quote:
  1. my navigation is grayed out and i can not select it . I don't know if it got deprogrammed or what
  2. I used vin decoder and it said that my car is equipped with professional navigation
  3. my nav has not been replaced (i think)
  4. The code to connect a Bluetooth device matches the last 5 digits of my vin.
  5. I tried using e-sys but i think it say that [COLOR="Red"]FSC not existent[/COLOR]. I have no clue since i really don't know much about these softwares .

Can someone please help me with this problem. Any help will be appreciated :
Attempting to "unpack" the situation you presented...the one thing that stands out (to me) is that your FSC code is not existent. That would be an important requirement since the FSC code is required for a map installation/update.

It's also not clear how long you've had the vehicle and if it ever had map/navigation...if it did...was there an attempt to update the nav maps? And if there was an attempt...did it fail due to not having a "correct/valid" FSC code...or was an FSC code procured from a "free" internet download...which could have possible failed?

Just to verify/clarify the importance of the FSC code...see the info below:

Updating your BMW navigation maps is essential if you want to drive safely.
[COLOR="DarkRed"]If your vehicle doesn’t have a valid subscription for navigation maps, you require a special code [COLOR="Red"](FSC)[/COLOR] in order to activate the map data. [/COLOR]

What is FSC code?

FSC (Freischaltcode) is the activation code released by BMW.
This activation code is always a 20-position combination of
characters, which is usually entered manually via the iDrive controller.
The code only contains capital letters (A – Z) and digits (2 – 7).
The activation code does not contain the digits “0” and “1”
in order to prevent confusion with the letters “O” and “I”.

Each code is specially based on VIN for each single car.
The code can not use with multiple cars.
Hi thanks for your reply. I bought the car used, so i have no clue what the previous owner was trying to achieve messing with the NAV. When I checked with e-sys i got an error saying "FSC not existent" just like you said . Is there any way i can get it to work since i have no clue what i have to do .
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #4
Trian
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i M-Sport

Search or ask in the Coding section of this forum

https://f10.5post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=463
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #5
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

Following the same train of thought from Q7.
It sounds like the previous owner attempted an update and botched it.
The only way I can think of recovering from this is to do another update with a proper FSC code.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 08:25 PM   #6
miguelreyes54
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcr3d View Post
Following the same train of thought from Q7.
It sounds like the previous owner attempted an update and botched it.
The only way I can think of recovering from this is to do another update with a proper FSC code.
Hey thank for the response . I already got every up and working. Warpeddriveservices@gmail.com helped and gave me the FSC code that i needed since i had a virgin unit . I coded everything with e-sys and now it working
Appreciate 2
      09-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #7
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Great...glad you got it working. Thanks for updating the thread.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2023, 02:55 PM   #8
Sfattouh
Iraq
Rep
Drives: Bmw F10 2012

Quote:
Hey thank for the response . I already got every up and working. Warpeddriveservices@gmail.com helped and gave me the FSC code that i needed since i had a virgin unit . I coded everything with e-sys and now it working
Hello,

I have same issue. I replaced my radio by a used one with same part numbers but the navigation is gray now (i used to have navi) and the spotify app is not popping up anymore. Any solution?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 02:07 PM   #9
Mnotfeelingit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 750i M Sport

Quote:
Came in clutch, I’ll have his email down for safekeeping just in case I ever get this issue.
Appreciate 0