2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2012 bmw 550i hifi sound system

04-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #1
aebmw550if10
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 550i x drive M sport

2012 bmw 550i hifi sound system

My midrange speaker on my bmw 550i drivers side is blown, i did the vin decoder and it says i have the HIFI professional system, So i just wanted to know the difference in these 2 besides the obvious price difference and the slight part number difference but they both say they fit my car and have the same description, which one is better?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

The ones from FCP euro are for the center dash and rear deck. The ones from Turner are for the doors.

The pictures are for Harmon Kardon. If you have hifi, they are base audio in USA and speakers are black. Silver center are Harmon Kardon speakers. They are different speakers but will probably work fine if you want to consider it as an upgrade. A quick and easy way to determine is to see if you have speakers on the rear door. If you do, you have Harmon Kardon and these are the right ones for you. I'd you only have speakers on the front doors and rear deck, you have base audio which requires the black speakers.

There is a third audio system option which is B&O which will have silver speaker grills and it will say Bang & Oulfsen on the grill.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:24 PM   #3
aebmw550if10
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 bmw 550i x drive M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoa View Post
The ones from FCP euro are for the center dash and rear deck. The ones from Turner are for the doors.

The pictures are for Harmon Kardon. If you have hifi, they are base audio in USA and speakers are black. Silver center are Harmon Kardon speakers. They are different speakers but will probably work fine if you want to consider it as an upgrade. A quick and easy way to determine is to see if you have speakers on the rear door. If you do, you have Harmon Kardon and these are the right ones for you. I'd you only have speakers on the front doors and rear deck, you have base audio which requires the black speakers.

There is a third audio system option which is B&O which will have silver speaker grills and it will say Bang & Oulfsen on the grill.
yea i have the HiFI ones that are all black, the speaker that's blown is my driver side door speaker that is by your knee when you sit, what speaker replacement do i buy for that
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2022, 12:42 PM   #4
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aebmw550if10 View Post
yea i have the HiFI ones that are all black, the speaker that's blown is my driver side door speaker that is by your knee when you sit, what speaker replacement do i buy for that
Part number is 65139175697

I have a pair if you are interested in used ones. They are in good working condition. Send me a PM with your number and I can send you pictures.
Appreciate 0