2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Strange things happening to 535i xdrive.... Help plz

12-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #1
Zinkawe
Rep
Drives: F10 535i xdrive

Strange things happening to 535i xdrive.... Help plz

2010 F10 535i xdrive, car was running fine until one day going home from work, it turned off by itself กกกก
Story short, my mechanic said the valvetronic servomotor gone bad and shorted some transistors in the DME concerning the posion sensors of the motor, so he changed the valvetronic servomotor and replaced the two damaged transistors, as he told me that there was a permanent fault when scanning the car earlier, about the vvt motor no movement but after the fix and replacement its gone but he could not do relearn for the limit stops of the vvt its not responding and there is no movement at all even after switching off the ignition, also a new issue occurred in the second injector, it keeps ticking when ignition on and even after switching off the ignition until the main relay switches off by it self.
And the car still wont turn on.
Any suggestions would be helpful

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 12:37 PM   #2
mashpotato
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 F10 N55

I'm at the mileage now where I should do servo motor...

but servomotor shorted transistors in the DME? That's the first time i heard of it. Has anyone had this issue because it sounds shady to me.

Without a full relearn, i thought the new servo motor will never work.

There is also a method out there, disable and set the motor at one limit. So you can drive the car, but it involves drilling a small hole in the valve cover. Look it up
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 01:26 PM   #3
etnsandman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Competition

Mine has failed and doesn't throw a CEL and the car runs great. I see the code in MHD app but it says Valvetronic is disabled. I need to get ISTA setup for when I decide to replace the motor.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 01:54 AM   #4
Zinkawe
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashpotato View Post

but servomotor shorted transistors in the DME? That's the first time i heard of it. Has anyone had this issue because it sounds shady to me.

There is also a method out there, disable and set the motor at one limit. So you can drive the car, but it involves drilling a small hole in the valve cover. Look it up
Thank you bro, new valvetronic motor installed but when tried to do the relearn using Ista D, error is Lower limit position can not be found.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 01:56 AM   #5
Zinkawe
Rep

Quote:

I am aware of the manual positioning the valvetronic motor but i thought it wont work on N55 engines, and could not find any guide.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 01:27 PM   #6
mashpotato
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 F10 N55

most likely you won't find much on the f10 forum, use f30 and e90 forum. Its a n55 engine so they use it too.

Go on youtube and search "n55 disable valvetronic". There is a video of 135i n55 walkthrough
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 03:30 AM   #7
Zinkawe
Rep

Quote:
most likely you won't find much on the f10 forum, use f30 and e90 forum. Its a n55 engine so they use it too.

Go on youtube and search "n55 disable valvetronic". There is a video of 135i n55 walkthrough
thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #8
Larrycoe66
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i n55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinkawe View Post
Thank you bro, new valvetronic motor installed but when tried to do the relearn using Ista D, error is Lower limit position can not be found.
Hey dude did you find out why you couldnt learn the limit position of your VVT ?
Appreciate 0