2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Booost Solenoid Replacement

01-02-2022, 04:31 PM   #1
MarkyMidnite
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 535i

Hey guys, I replaced my boost solenoid today as I was getting drivetrain warning and also had the code 120308 boost low. After replacing, should I clear the stored code(s) ? There was no CE light or anything, just not sure if it needs to be deleted or should leave it as stored. Thanks !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2022, 10:46 PM   #2
Bmwdoubles_
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMidnite View Post
Hey guys, I replaced my boost solenoid today as I was getting drivetrain warning and also had the code 120308 boost low. After replacing, should I clear the stored code(s) ? There was no CE light or anything, just not sure if it needs to be deleted or should leave it as stored. Thanks !
If you do not have to get a smog check then clear the codes. If you're using the old boost hose to the solenoid cut off a small piece from the end of the hose so you get a fresh, clean connection.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFu...fWjCtOz49FDMlg
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2022, 10:54 PM   #3
MarkyMidnite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwdoubles_ View Post
Quote:
If you do not have to get a smog check then clear the codes. If you're using the old boost hose to the solenoid cut off a small piece from the end of the hose so you get a fresh, clean connection.
Got it, yah I did that with the hose too. Thank you !! It's insane how much power I got back by replacing it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 07:59 AM   #4
OnlyGerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, F13, F10, E60

Is this something that should be changed as maintenance for higher mileage? Or just leave alone if not broke?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 12:44 PM   #5
MarkyMidnite
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGerman View Post
Is this something that should be changed as maintenance for higher mileage? Or just leave alone if not broke?
I was getting drivetrain malfunction and also had a boost low code stored.. I could feel it not boosting at times and like struggling. So I think it's just replace when there's an issue with it kinda deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 05:15 PM   #6
Bmwdoubles_
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyGerman View Post
I was getting drivetrain malfunction and also had a boost low code stored.. I could feel it not boosting at times and like struggling. So I think it's just replace when there's an issue with it kinda deal.
Another drivetrain malfunction tip could also be the vanos solenoids. Pull both out, spray them down with brake cleaner and the reinsert. They help with low end grunt and top end. There's YouTube videos out there on how to do it. It simple and cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFu...fWjCtOz49FDMlg
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 06:50 PM   #7
Kmccoy89
Rep
Drives: BMW 528iXDrive

Very helpful post, Thanks!
Appreciate 0