2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) Body shop in Seattle area

09-18-2023, 01:28 PM   #1
MoreGasMorePower22
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 + 2023 Audi Q8

Body shop in Seattle area

Hey folks, are there any body shops in the Seattle area that you had good experience with other than the certified ones?
Called certified ones this morning and all of them don't have any available slot until end of year :<

Any advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 12:46 PM   #2
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreGasMorePower22 View Post
Hey folks, are there any body shops in the Seattle area that you had good experience with other than the certified ones?
Called certified ones this morning and all of them don't have any available slot until end of year :<

Any advice would be appreciated.
I've used a few in the Seattle area, been happy with most of them. But agree, nowadays most are booked out so far, at least the good ones.

Last year I had a ton of respray work done on my M3 at Hanson Auto rebuilt in Everett. It's a bit north from Seattle though. But really happy with the work. I only ended up there after meeting a fellow M3 enthusiast at a local meet who'd used them, and the paintwork looked perfect on his Silverstone II metallic, not the easiest color the match. As well, they were only a few weeks out at the time (last summer), while every other shop I inquired with were 3 months minimum.

https://hansonautorebuild.com

I most recently used these guys below after my daughter got into a fender bender in our Volvo S60. Not sure I'd have taken my BMWs there, but I don't care as much about the Volvo. But they were super professional, and did really good quality work. And we're suprisingly only 1 week out. They're a chain in the area, there might be one closer to you than the Mill Creek location.

https://crashchampions.com/locations...ions-millcreek
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 01:30 PM   #3
Almuliman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 6MT 128i, 2000 M5

We've had good experiences with Evergreen in Issaquah over the years, though not for the 1er (thankfully). They're not cheap, but they do good work and know what they're talking about. https://www.evergreenbodyshop.com

A car nut friend (ex-M3 owner) highly recommends Kyle at Bel-Kirk Body Shop in Kirkland. I've only had him do a complete polish on our Volvo yet—sort of a test—but he did that perfectly, on my schedule, and very reasonably. We discussed getting the strange bumps on my front fender taken care of and he not only appears to know exactly what he's talking about for paint matching on BMWs (names, codes, challenges, etc.), but also gave a very reasonable quote for a full "undent" and respray. Planning to have him do that this winter sometime. By the way, he's restoring an E39 M5 Last time I was up there, the engine was out and the car was in a pretty sorry state, but it's (apparently) a very early model, possibly so early it came with options and features not available on production US models, so I'm excited to hear about his progress next time I talk to him.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2023, 04:05 PM   #4
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Queen City