2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Steering wheel orange light turn on

09-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
tdkr8
Rep
Drives: 520iA M Sport

Steering wheel orange light turn on

Hi, just experienced some issue on my brand new 13' 520i. As I mentioned on the subject line, the steering wheel light was on all of a sudden while I was backing in parking the car. I have no clue on why the light comes on, I stopped the car and shut off the engine. Then I turn the engine on again and the light goes off, then I look at the user menu and find out it is because of integral active steering. I've attached the photo which I took from the menu.

Has anyone also experience this issue before? I'm a little worry and hope this is not a major problem. Hope you guys can shed me some light on why this would happened. Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
ManiacGT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

But if you read the picture you put up, it says this can happen and tells you how to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
tdkr8
Rep
Drives: 520iA M Sport

It was happened before I read the user manual, so I'm curious how did I trigger this steering system light on. So I can be aware not to trigger this again...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
konasunset
registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i titanium silvr 1/11 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdkr8 View Post
Hi, just experienced some issue on my brand new 13' 520i. As I mentioned on the subject line, the steering wheel light was on all of a sudden while I was backing in parking the car. I have no clue on why the light comes on, I stopped the car and shut off the engine. Then I turn the engine on again and the light goes off, then I look at the user menu and find out it is because of integral active steering. I've attached the photo which I took from the menu.

Has anyone also experience this issue before? I'm a little worry and hope this is not a major problem. Hope you guys can shed me some light on why this would happened. Thanks

I have IAS and have never noticed this in the 2+ years I have had my 535i.
Appreciate 0