2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Ecu's disappearing after coding

04-04-2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Medic-NY
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 F34

Ecu's disappearing after coding

Was coding a 2014 528i. Went to change some alarm module settings, and when I was done I went back to the list of available modules and many of them disappeared and the engine ECU now says not available.
I did notice that the alarm siren was not making the correct sounds, like it was dying or distorted.
Can't figure out how to get all the modules back. Went to backup from before I did anything, but modules still not appearing and some functions not working now.

Using BimmerCode.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 03:31 AM   #2
starlights
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 50i

By default Bimmercode makes a backup of the current state before it starts to code. You should be able to see a folder called backup in your app that should revert your coding back to the original state. This would be the simplest option to check if something got messed up due to coding. Worth a shot in my opinion. (additionally, bimmercode will back up your current state when you connect the app to your car so you can revert back to current state using this latest backup).
Appreciate 0