2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Retrofit Harman Kardon from E60

09-28-2023, 07:57 AM   #1
landolin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Retrofit Harman Kardon from E60

Hello, I got a set of Logic 7 from E60, which I managed to install on my F10 2012, which was with factory Hi-Fi and NBT-HU. After redoing the cables, running optics from the NBT-HU to the amplifier, activating the 677 option and encoding the NBT/KOMBI/TCB, everything worked, but with one phenomenon - the MP3/video files from the USB in the armrest can be viewed and selected but cannot be played (the player stays at 0 and after a few seconds it switches to radio). Also, during a phone call, the other party hears a loud echo of their own voice. I also tried encoding to 688, but the situation remains the same. When encoding back to the factory 676 the MP3/video files from the USB are playing normally and the other end hears no echo during a phone call (I can't hear nothing because the audio analog lines are cut - the new amp use MOST and DSP).

The NBT was updated via USB to the latest version from the BMW site about an year ago.

I looked with E-sys about everything related to USB in all modules, but the values are the default ones for this configuration (677/688).

The E60 amp doesn't show up as a module in the E-sys, which I guess is normal considering its age.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 04:08 PM   #2
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

You can’t use E60 amp in F10. It have to be seen in the tree of ECU. You have to program your VIN into the amp in order for it to work properly. If not, you may hear a pop sound once in a while because your head unit is searching for the head amp. I understand you can hear audio from E60 amp but you can do that with just about any amp. It just won’t work properly because E60 amp is not native to F10.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 01:01 PM   #3
landolin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535xi

I fully understand this is not the right amp but I don't understand what is the connection between codding of 677/688 option and NBT to stop playing MP3 from the USB in the armrest and in the same time the radio and bluetooth audio are played just fine with the same E60 amp (even the surround sound L7 setting is working).

I think there is some codding parameter missing just for the NBT USB when 677/688 is codded but I still cannot find it.
Appreciate 0