2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Side Markers Coding: Troubleshoot

07-26-2021, 08:08 PM   #1
DBautista
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 535I

Side Markers Coding: Troubleshoot

I bought a 2011 535i, with the sports transmission and luxury package back in Feb this year here in California. Love the car.

Ever since I bought it, when driving with the parking lamps or headlights on, the side markers would be constantly illuminated and would blink when turn signal is activated. Last month the side markers would not stay illuminated and would only turn on (blink) while turn signal is on.

Are the side markers and turn signal illuminated from the same bulbs?

Is there a fuse or relay that may have gone bad to keep the side marker lights from illuminating while parking lights or headlights are on?

Was there possibly something coded by the previous owner to have the side markers stay illuminated while parking lamps/headlights are on?
(not sure what the stock configuration is.)
Appreciate 0