2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding F10 LCI Business Upgrade

01-15-2020, 02:56 AM   #1
slackworth
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d F11 LCI

F10 LCI Business Upgrade

Hi All,

I'm going to look at a 2015 535d today which has a good spec and is a good price but unfortunately the first owner only put on "Business Advanced Navigation".

I've tried to do some searching around and in terms of upgrades available it seems really confusing. On the F30s they mention you can just fit a bigger screen to the ENTRYNAV system but is this the case on the F10/F11 and can the iDrive Touch controller be fitted as well?

Also, even if the bigger screen is fitted, am I then missing any other features that you get with the Pro Nav? I see you can buy quite a few bits like RTTI through the Connected Services store and apply to the ENTRYNAV unit but having the Pro features and bigger screen was a particular feature I wanted. Given the price, I could probably afford to retrofit a Pro HU but if ultimately I don't need to then happy days! I use Spotify/USB for music or DAB so the HDD isn't a major thing and the slightly faster Intel processor isn't the end of the world either.

I would also assume Enhanced Bluetooth can't be enabled on the ENTRYNAV unit given it can only be specced on a Pro Unit from the factory.

Thanks for the help

From a soon to be ex-Audi owner once I find the right car!
Appreciate 0