2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Dinan Shockware mini Review

05-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #1
ferrarif1
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85, G05, E46M3

Dinan Shockware mini Review

Been thinking about installing Shockware ever since I installed the ACS springs on my 550xi w/ DHP. The ACS springs were a big improvement over the stock ride but the car was still a long way away from the handling of my E60 Sport pack car and I found the ride in sport or sport+ slightly bouncy as if the dampers could not keep up with the higher spring rate.

I had resigned myself to the fact that the F10 is bigger and heavier than the E60 and I either needed to upgrade to an M car or live with it.

Yesterday, I called Bavarian Performance Group and asked whether they could do a Shockware install with the April suspension discount from Dinan. Dave at BPG was very accommodating and 30 minutes later I had the software in my car.

Driving home in traffic I was not sure there was any difference in the software but did notice that the slight bounciness was now gone. Later I took the car out in a local office park that I sometimes use as a pseudo autocross course and have to say that Shockware completely changes the handling of this car!

It's hard to believe there is not more than shock valving going on here as Sport+ goes from understeer with the stock software to neutral handling and eager to rotate with Shockware. Its even possible to induce oversteer in an xdrive car with liberal amounts of throttle.

Needless to say I am thrilled and this is could be the best upgrade money spent so far.
Appreciate 0