2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum 2015 LCI F10 damaged black Nappa leather seats. What can be repaired?

08-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
ComprehensiveBoss189
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 535xi

2015 LCI F10 damaged black Nappa leather seats. What can be repaired?

First post here! I've recently come into the possesion of an alpinweiss F10 535xi with the M Package and I absolutely love the car! However the previous owner hasn't been too strict with the black Nappa leather seats' condition.
There are damaged spots on on a couple of places on the front seats and a rather large stain from what is I'm guessing salt water. Also bolsters are kind of crinkled/scuffed.

These things are annoying the hell out of me, to put it lightly, and I contacted a very good auto leather repair shop to get a quote for the seats. However when I showed them pictures of the seats they said that there's practically nothing they can do about it. They said that said damage was most likely caused by salt water/sweat and that damages leather permanently and that I should reupholster the seats to get rid of the damage.

My main issue is with the big stain. I was hoping I can try something like Leatherisque to try and restore a bit of the factory look and hopefully remove that stain, but I'm hesitant to try because of what the shop said.

I think the shop is really professional, but still I'd like to hear other opinions. I'm attaching a few pictures to get a better look of what I'm talking about

Last edited by ComprehensiveBoss189; 08-21-2020 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: images 2
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Trainwreck914
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 F15 E39 E90 E53

A good upholstery shop should be able to remove the sections and replace them. I've heard good things about leatherique. But results are only as good as your prep work. Same with a paint job. Paint goes on quick. But if your prep work is mediocre then so is your paint job.
Appreciate 0