2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Question about M5 steering wheel trim conversion and paddle shifter retrofit

05-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #1
ItalianSushi
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535i M Sport

Question about M5 steering wheel trim conversion and paddle shifter retrofit

Can you replace the center trim on a BMW F10 M-sport (LCI) steering wheel with that from a M5 (LCI)? I own a 2015 535i M-sport but like the look of the M5 steering wheel trim better. The actual steering wheel looks the same so I was hoping I could just buy the front trim piece, rear backing cover and paddle shifters to do the swap (my car does not have paddle shifters). I saw that you can purchase all of the parts in a package like shown here --> https://m.aliexpress.com/item/400080...50c0242&is_c=N

Plus purchase the paddle shifter controls which I believe are about $50. I heard you can use Bimmercode (which I already have) to code the paddle shifters to work. I can't seem to find the answer to this exact question anywhere online. I am new to this forum and cannot seem to find this exact information online. Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.
Appreciate 0