2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2021: Abu Dhabi GP - Yas Marina (Dec 12)

12-08-2021, 03:36 PM   #67
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
think it might get emotional!
Care to make a prediction what will be said?

On the other hand, no matter who wins, it'll be over, so after sunday it's only looking foreward to the next year with all the seat changes and rule changes.

I think in the end the viewer in general wins. Never has a championship been this close and certainly almost the last decade it was clear from the beginning who would win, and it was more a matter if his teammate would be 2nd or 3rd. So F1 was reduced to a completely dull parade of cars.
Luckily that finally seems to be over now. Let's hope that next year more teams can chip in with the championship.

I always like teams and drivers that progress over a year.
So apart from Max/RBR, Alpine seems to make a lot of progression lately, and of course Alphatauri has at least their qualifying sorted out as top10 is no problem (and look at their history....that used to be Minardi! the bottomfeeders of F1 ), and of course NOR has had some great moments.
I hope that next year someone like RUS can really shine now he's getting probably the best car of the field. And I hope that Haas is finally going to do something. Waiting a whole year with investments and development has no place in F1. You might as well not compete. F1 is about the best of the best.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-08-2021 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 5
      12-08-2021, 03:41 PM   #68
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post

On the other hand, no matter who wins, it'll be over, so after sunday it's only looking foreward to the next year with all the seat changes and rule changes.
Will be quite interesting!

Nonetheless, its been the greatest season in recent history. And I don't recall there's any snoozefest at all.

Thank you 2021!
      12-08-2021, 03:42 PM   #69
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post

If Hamilton win then the max fans will say: "Mercafia", "Faster car", "Rocketship", "cheater", etc.

If Max wins then the Max fans will say the same junk, but this time with the caviot "Max won because of his skills etc".
irunalot1515.50
      12-08-2021, 03:58 PM   #70
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
If Hamilton win then the max fans will say: "Mercafia", "Faster car", "Rocketship", "cheater", etc.

If Max wins then the Max fans will say the same junk, but this time with the caviot "Max won because of his skills etc".
I expected you to cover both sides as you self identify as an impartial observer. What will the Ham fans say if Max wins?
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2021, 04:06 PM   #71
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
What will the Ham fans say if Max wins?
That he's a dirty racer and won because of that.

I think no one will say that he won because the RB car is lightyears ahead
(hopefully they'll say that next year )
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-08-2021 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 3
Autobacs1305.00
M5Rick58884.00
      12-08-2021, 04:08 PM   #72
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I expected you to cover both sides as you self identify as an impartial observer. What will the Ham fans say if Max wins?
Edit - Oops I read that wrong as what will Lewis fans say if Lewis wins. Lemme add another one.

Well most of the guys here currently only support Ham to troll max fans so hard to predict, but I don't think it would be directed towards max but towards the max fans lol.

But lets see what a hardcore lewis fan would say (haven't really been around any of them since this thread doesn't have a single ultra Lewis fan but we can guess):

1) Max would've won if he wasn't so agressive all year round. (Even I have been saying that so it would probably be a good guess)

2) Lewis won despite being in a worse car, and made a fantastic come back during the end of the season.

3) GOAT (to be expected if he wins 8, I can literally see the instagram comments)

4) Max is too agressive for his own good.

5) Something bashing Horner and Marko, I know they troll toto alot, but I don't know what they would say about horner - probably Karen horner or something and tell Marko to retire.

What Lewis fans will say if Max wins:

1) He won because of the better car

2) Max only won because he is a dirty driver (if they crash this will be huge)

3) Regulations hurt mercedes, Maxfia.

4) Max is lucky to have won, he threw it all away early.

etc.
Autobacs1305.00
minn1913970.00
irunalot1515.50
      12-08-2021, 04:49 PM   #73
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
Congratulations, good race, see you next year!

If Max does something stupid which I expect, I'll let the FIA handle it. I'm not wasting energy getting upset over something I can't control. It's racing... Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
Appreciate 2
F87source7177.50
minn1913970.00
      12-08-2021, 04:52 PM   #74
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by irunalot View Post
Good race, see you next year!

If Max does something stupid which I expect, I'll let the FIA handle it. I'm not wasting energy getting upset over something I can't control. It's racing... Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.
For me I am thinking about the uber hamilton fans, on the same level as the two max fans here and what they would say. Reasonable fans probably wouldn't say too much.
irunalot1515.50
minn1913970.00
      12-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #75
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For me I am thinking about the uber Hamilton fans, on the same level as the two max fans here and what they would say. Reasonable fans probably wouldn't say too much.
I'm an uber Hamilton fan and have been since he was in GP2, but I'm also realistic and don't think he’s a saint that walks on water. I also follow other drivers and teams as well as I love the sport as a whole. I had a lot of admiration for Max and his talent, but his lack of respect for others has caused me to lose nearly all respect for him as a driver. That goes double for Horner, Marko, and Red Bull. They act like children; everything is always someone else's fault, or someone is cheating. They are the worst type of losers and the worst type of winners. If they win so, be it, congratulations to them and let’s do it again in March.

I've been watching F1 for 40 Years (ugh), and it’s by far my favorite motorsport/sport, nothing else comes close. No other series allows for the engineering flexibility and creativity that F1 does. WEC and Group C are also great as some of the cars are just mind blowing in terms of design and engineering.
Appreciate 7
F87source7177.50
inTgr8r2421.50
minn1913970.00
EdM53854.50
FormulaMMM3662.50
fls0.00
      12-08-2021, 05:16 PM   #76
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I'm an uber Hamilton fan and have been since he was in GP2, but I'm also realistic and don't think he’s a saint that walks on water. I also follow other drivers and teams as well as I love the sport as a whole. I had a lot of admiration for Max and his talent, but his lack of respect for others has caused me to lose nearly all respect for him as a driver. That goes double for Horner, Marko, and Red Bull. They act like children; everything is always someone else's fault, or someone is cheating. They are the worst type of losers and the worst type of winners. If they win so, be it, congratulations to them and let’s do it again in March.

I've been watching F1 for 40 Years (ugh), and it’s by far my favorite motorsport/sport, nothing else comes close. No other series allows for the engineering flexibility and creativity that F1 does. WEC and Group C are also great as some of the cars are just mind blowing in terms of design and engineering.
Probably not the level of Mpower and Rick are to max, where reality doesn't matter any more. And that's what I meant by my comments. The ultra hard core supporters that don't believe that their driver ever did anything wrong.
irunalot1515.50
      12-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #77
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Probably not the level of Mpower and Rick are to max, where reality doesn't matter any more. And that's what I meant by my comments. The ultra hard core supporters that don't believe that their driver ever did anything wrong.
That's drifting into the delusional type of fan that needs to make excuses for losses and throw victories no matter how small or questionable in everyone's face. No couth...

Trust me I understand where you are coming from, although I don't think I've seen to many delusional Hamilton fans here. Will be interesting to see the difference in reaction.

Whoever wins I just hope its clean for F1s sake.
Appreciate 1
F87source7177.50
      12-08-2021, 05:41 PM   #78
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:

Bro, I like you but the impartiality thing isn't working IMHO.

UR Canadian not Swiss
Appreciate 2
F87source7177.50
irunalot1515.50
      12-08-2021, 05:58 PM   #79
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Bro, I like you but the impartiality thing isn't working IMHO.

UR Canadian not Swiss
Lol.

But even if I wanted to pick a side to cheer for I couldn't, because I'm just not vested in this sport like mma for instance. I literally only follow F1 for the cars/engineering, I honestly don't even really care about this sport that much. So it's hard to pick a driver or team when you don't really care.

For example I like mercedes because of the engineering and creativity prowess, they bring out innovations like no other team has ever done before. I like redbull because Newey brings some amazing designs for aero packages, look at the Aston martin valkyrie he made a street car put out more than its own body weight in downforce, with minimal wings as it's all about the venturi tunnels. Like Holy shit this is revolutionary, even the senna and project one doesn't make that much downforce. The other teams are still struggling right now, but McLaren did a pretty cool trick on their diffuser to get the strakes longer than allowed which is ingenious, Ferrari well there's not too much good to say except they're coming back, Aston martin have potential, and the rest are just meh tbh.
irunalot1515.50
Bongoxxx804.00
minn1913970.00
      12-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #80
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol.

But even if I wanted to pick a side to cheer for I couldn't, because I'm just not vested in this sport like mma for instance. I literally only follow F1 for the cars/engineering, I honestly don't even really care about this sport that much. So it's hard to pick a driver or team when you don't really care.

For example I like mercedes because of the engineering and creativity prowess, they bring out innovations like no other team has ever done before. I like redbull because Newey brings some amazing designs for aero packages, look at the Aston martin valkyrie he made a street car put out more than its own body weight in downforce, with minimal wings as it's all about the venturi tunnels. Like Holy shit this is revolutionary, even the senna and project one doesn't make that much downforce. The other teams are still struggling right now, but McLaren did a pretty cool trick on their diffuser to get the strakes longer than allowed which is ingenious, Ferrari well there's not too much good to say except they're coming back, Aston martin have potential, and the rest are just meh tbh.
I forget about Newey sometimes, but yes hes without a doubt an amazing engineering talent.
Appreciate 2
F87source7177.50
minn1913970.00
      12-08-2021, 06:12 PM   #81
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I forget about Newey sometimes, but yes hes without a doubt an amazing engineering talent.
He is a one in a million.
irunalot1515.50
      12-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #82
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Merc to BOT: Sure you can use a fresh engine *again*
Of course ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #83
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
M5Rick58884.00
      12-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #84
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Wouldn't it be ironic if BOT performed the ultimate wingman maneuver and punted your driver off the track.

Not that I think HAM even needs the help. I predict a sweet victory for the Mercs and HAM on Sunday.
With something like this ? That would be really nice ! Isn't it ?

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 12-08-2021 at 06:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58884.00
      12-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #85
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Lol because there isn't anything that I could find referencing max's sustained damage as a result of that collision.
OK Mate , once again you need help as usual ..
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58884.00
      12-08-2021, 07:47 PM   #86
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
OK Mate , once again you need help as usual ..
I need help, lol. You are one of two people here that are so deluded you cant see more than one perspective, you literally can't back up 99% of the things you say with solid concrete evidence. It's always some opinionated source, or some YouTube video with selective bias on data or footage it presents.

Link please.

And next it doesn't say anything about 40% damage and how much pace drop...

Lewis lost 4 tenths per all because of his front wing damage, but no reports on how much max lost.

Last edited by F87source; 12-08-2021 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      12-08-2021, 08:38 PM   #87
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I need help, lol. You are one of two people here that are so deluded you cant see more than one perspective, you literally can't back up 99% of the things you say with solid concrete evidence. It's always some opinionated source, or some YouTube video with selective bias on data or footage it presents.

Link please.

And next it doesn't say anything about 40% damage and how much pace drop...

Lewis lost 4 tenths per all because of his front wing damage, but no reports on how much max lost.
I'll sent you MAX's damaged diffuser ASAP ! With the efficiency loss !
Wait ...What's your address ? At least do you have one ?

And I never saw 'once a solid concrete evidence from your side ..Just BS talk .
As I said you sound like an elephant in a china shop !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58884.00
      12-08-2021, 09:05 PM   #88
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Lol.

But even if I wanted to pick a side to cheer for I couldn't, because I'm just not vested in this sport like mma for instance...
I'm the same with MMA... I've tried to watch but don't enjoy it...How do you pick a fighter?

Do you fight? Bet?

I couldn't enjoy F1 through technical analysis...I pick my team, driver and nemesis.

Last edited by Killed by Death; 12-08-2021 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
F87source7177.50