2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Possible Issues with buying 550i?

05-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #23
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
I have 2013 550i with 52k miles
I had care package done three years ago with stuff you mentioned excluding timing chain
that checked out ok
I did buy warranty when my original warranty expired it was roughly $4000
only had to us it one time upper and lower oil pan gasket was replaced
as of now I don't have any issues.
I am planing on keeping the car
oil consumption on 550i can be the issue but I believe it depends how you drive the car
but if you look it up not only BMW cars have this issue its all modern cars ]
we all can thank emissions.
best of luck
How long did the CCP take to complete? I also heard that BMW was splitting the cost with the owner like 60% customer and 40% BMW are they still doing it this way? I thought BMW was replacing the engine if it failed some sort of oil consumption test....if I do happen to purchase this car it would be the first thing I would take it in for and hopefully it would fail the test so BMW could replace the motor.
I bet care package was performed due to mileage on the car. Don't bank on getting new motor
Prior to 2013 lots of n63 engines did get replaced but 2013 and up they have improved lots of things
Good luck
      05-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #24
BMWKing123
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 800+ HP C7 Z06, 550i M, M998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Spoke with the BMW dealer today and it’s had the CCP done already by the previous owner and out of sheer luck for me the car was regularly serviced at that dealer it’s been serviced every 5k miles as well. I know replacing the engine has a ton of factors involved that could possibly all turn to a negative.
Did you just call them up and give them your VIN to get this info?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 11:51 AM   #25
Balr14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrymaxima View Post
I second getting the extended warranty. I have Route 66 no deductible good for 5 years/100k miles.
Have you ever had a claim with Route 66? I am curious because so many extended warranty companies do everything possible to delay or deny claims. If faced with a situation that will cost them money that they can't get out of, they will often cancel your policy and refund your premium. So, my faith in them is very low. I would love to find an honest one.
Appreciate 0