2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums UK Water leak in passenger rear footwell

12-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
Moonkin
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 520D M sport 2012

Water leak in passenger rear footwell

BMW f10 520d M sport 2012

View post on imgur.com
It was leaking from here aswell. Fixed it by sealant from inside the car, tested with high pressure and water was not going inside from that spot anymore. I though it will get fixed got hard rain again and still there is water in rear footwell passanger side.

There is another drain hole at the rear passanger I just sealed and that just in case somehow it gets from there

Tested doors roof etc, no water getting inside with high pressure water.

Any other solutions from where water comes to rear passanger footwell, now its small amount of water when I fixed drain hole in front passanger side

Last edited by Moonkin; 12-03-2019 at 09:52 AM.. Reason: image upload
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 10:19 AM   #2
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Let me get this right. You have sealed up and blocked the drain holes, on a 'just in case' they are the problem ?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 04:35 AM   #3
Moonkin
Rep

No it was leaking from drain holes, but it didn’t stop fully from leaking water still gets inside somehow but small amount
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
Gee44
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d Msport

Check the rear door. Footwell behind drivers seat was saturated and found it was the black membrane between the door card and the door itself. The sealant had failed in the lower corner and allowed water to come into the car. Tell tale sign it’s this is if you have condensation on the sill plate when you open the door. To fix it’s just a case of scrape off the old black sealant and renew. I just got some black gutter sealant and been fine ever since.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #5
Moonkin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee44 View Post
Check the rear door. Footwell behind drivers seat was saturated and found it was the black membrane between the door card and the door itself. The sealant had failed in the lower corner and allowed water to come into the car. Tell tale sign it’s this is if you have condensation on the sill plate when you open the door. To fix it’s just a case of scrape off the old black sealant and renew. I just got some black gutter sealant and been fine ever since.
Actually I do get condensation on rear doors sill plate

"The sealant had failed in the lower corner and allowed water to come into the car." can you please be more specific from where actually water is getting in
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
Gee44
Rep
Drives: Bmw 520d Msport

From what I’ve heard it naturally enters the door through where the window seals are etc and only a little but drains out. I think it must run down the membrane and because of this it finds it’s way out through the seal that’s come away. It’s probably not much that comes in but it’s only once the carpet is sodden you notice it.
Appreciate 0