2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 2021: Dutch GP - Zandvoort (Sep 5)

09-05-2021, 02:24 PM   #287
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Last edited by M5Rick; 10-21-2023 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 3
GuidoK10473.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      09-05-2021, 02:31 PM   #288
Ardalan11b
E-4 Mafia
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M550

Garage List
2020 M550  [0.00]
Was such a great track, good history and those banked turns were EPIC
Appreciate 3
      09-05-2021, 02:40 PM   #289
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The world 'is Orange !

MAX hasn't fans ..I never heard such a BS before ...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58900.50
GuidoK10473.00
Robin_NL8679.50
      09-05-2021, 02:51 PM   #290
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
The world 'is Orange !

Maybe they have ear plugs still in there
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2021, 03:03 PM   #291
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Bingo !

So I have been thinking about this overtake from Max on BOT.
Obviously Max was faster because of DRS and new tyres, but I still think BOT let him overtake quite easily (imho BOT also isnt the best driver under pressure).

I think he LET Max overtake quite easy. (so on purpose). He was the race leader so he was allowed to defend.

Also BOT getting the fastest lap and forcing HAM to come in and forcing HAM to perform that last lap to win the last lap back was a really strange move imho, but that is also in line with that easy pass from Max.

It's pretty sure for some weeks now that BOT will not be driving for MERC next year.
And these events let me to believe that he will not be driving for williams or any other MERC powered car, and that the rumours are true that he'll sign with Alfa Romeo.

So how does BOT behaviour from this race fall in place with him signing with alfa romeo? Why is he helping? Max?
Alphatauri is RBR sisterteam, NOT Alfa romeo!

But there is another link I think.

Can anyone guess what I'm thinking about?
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58900.50
      09-05-2021, 03:36 PM   #292
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Obviously Max was faster because of DRS and new tyres, but I still think BOT let him overtake quite easily (imho BOT also isnt the best driver under pressure).

I think he LET Max overtake quite easy. (so on purpose). He was the race leader so he was allowed to defend.

Also BOT getting the fastest lap and forcing HAM to come in and forcing HAM to perform that last lap to win the last lap back was a really strange move imho, but that is also in line with that easy pass from Max.

It's pretty sure for some weeks now that BOT will not be driving for MERC next year.
And these events let me to believe that he will not be driving for williams or any other MERC powered car, and that the rumours are true that he'll sign with Alfa Romeo.

So how does BOT behaviour from this race fall in place with him signing with alfa romeo? Why is he helping? Max?

• BOT's tyres were completely shot
• MAX performed just a fly by with DRS . BOT had zero chance
• BOT said : At that moment I wasn't aware I ran the fastest lap
• HAM wants only a team mate who he can beat and that's BOT

• If BOT had made a dirty trick while MAX overtook him , BOT wouldn't leave Zandvoort alive today !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58900.50
      09-05-2021, 03:45 PM   #293
M5Rick
General
Rep

^ He'd be tied and fried and he knew it,he's caused enough trouble for RB with his 'orders' from previous.
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2021, 03:52 PM   #294
M5Rick
General
Rep

Max took the fastest pit stop at Zandvoort and also spelt a warning to RB before the race.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/93250...-run-away.html
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #295
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

So my theory is that BOT is going to Alfa Romeo next year.
That is currently a Ferrari affiliated team.

And Red Bull races with Ferrari in DTM (and AlphaTauri is the other team in DTM that races with Ferrari).

So I think that there are some connections there.

Of course there is the rumour that next year Alfa Romeo is racing with Mercedes engines because maybe BOT and Nyck de Vries (Merc. formula E driver) is going to drive there....
So we'll see next year if my theory has a shot or not (if Alfaromeo has Mercedes engines next year obviously my theory is not true)

Especially BOT taking the fastest lap from HAM and explicitly ignoring team orders was, for BOT, a strange and bold move, no matter knowing or not knowing HAM to come in.
HAM managed to take back that fastest lap in the last lap of the race but that was a big risk. He could have gotten into traffic etc.
At that point it was already sure that both VER and PER would not be able to get the fastest lap from HAM, so BOT willingly put one point from HAM at risk.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2021, 04:55 PM   #296
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

And Red Bull races with Ferrari in DTM (and AlphaTauri is the other team in DTM that races with Ferrari).

Of course there is the rumour that next year Alfa Romeo is racing with Mercedes engines because maybe BOT and Nyck de Vries (Merc. formula E driver) is going to drive there....
So we'll see next year if my theory has a shot or not (if Alfaromeo has Mercedes engines next year obviously my theory is not true)

Especially BOT taking the fastest lap from HAM and explicitly ignoring team orders was, for BOT, a strange and bold move, no matter knowing or not knowing HAM to come in.
HAM managed to take back that fastest lap in the last lap of the race but that was a big risk. He could have gotten into traffic etc.
At that point it was already sure that both VER and PER would not be able to get the fastest lap from HAM, so BOT willingly put one point from HAM at risk.
According to BOT today => https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/bo...ronde/6661160/

Appreciate 2
GuidoK10473.00
M5Rick58900.50
      09-05-2021, 08:23 PM   #297
Bongoxxx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 340 XDrive

Quote:

To quote you “you are not qualified to speak about what a F1 driver is thinking”

As MPower stated, shot tyres, MAX had DRS…and to add, BOT doesn’t break the rules and weave side to side as someone is trying to pass him…

Anyways

Great race by MAX and RB today. Completely outclassed MERC.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
MKSixer34171.50
      09-05-2021, 08:31 PM   #298
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

So glad for the fans Max won. I was scared for Sir Lewis’ safety if he bumped him off in turn 1 haha.

Like I thought though, boring boring race. Not a good circuit for F1 at all.
Appreciate 2
minn1913970.00
3798j11173.00
      09-05-2021, 11:23 PM   #299
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
To quote you “you are not qualified to speak about what a F1 driver is thinking”
That is why I started my post with the words "so my theory is..."
It seems you missed that

It means it's also open for debate

Last edited by GuidoK; 09-05-2021 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58900.50
      09-05-2021, 11:30 PM   #300
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:

In the post race press conference Max stated that Bottas is a respectful driver and had no concerns about passing him. Bottas seemed to appreciate the compliment, Hammy didn’t.

Anyone else noticed how Hammy uses the term “they” to reference his own team. Provides real insight about how he operates and views the team. I wonder if Merc team members are strictly instructed that they are not permitted to ever assign causation to Hammy despite how obvious it may be, in stark contrast to the RBR environment.

Merc did indeed drop the ball, but why call out his own team and reference them as “they”. He is a strange bloke.

Max’s reaction to Hammy saying the RBR car is so strong.
Attached Images

09-05-2021, 11:32 PM   #301
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
The world 'is Orange !

Despite this, he is still relatively low key and said he was “satisfied”.

The dude seems relatively grounded and focused.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bubbles; 09-05-2021 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58900.50
      09-05-2021, 11:35 PM   #302
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
So glad for the fans Max won. I was scared for Sir Lewis’ safety if he bumped him off in turn 1 haha.

Like I thought though, boring boring race. Not a good circuit for F1 at all.
^This, congrats to Max but easily the most boring race of the year.

Track is cool looking and all but definitely not suited for a modern F1 race anymore.
Appreciate 2
3798j11173.00
inTgr8r2421.50
      09-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #303
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post

Merc did indeed drop the ball, but why call out his own team and reference them as “they”. He is a strange bloke.
I often have the feeling that HAM only has a connection with Toto and that the rest of the team is pretty non existent in his eyes.
Sometimes I think that HAM is also very quick to blame the MERC team when things dont go 100%
Appreciate 2
M5Rick58900.50
      09-05-2021, 11:47 PM   #304
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
I often have the feeling that HAM only has a connection with Toto and that the rest of the team is pretty non existent in his eyes.
Sometimes I think that HAM is also very quick to blame the MERC team when things dont go 100%
Likely right, Toto and LuLu are cut from the same cloth.
      09-05-2021, 11:50 PM   #305
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

Track is cool looking and all but definitely not suited for a modern F1 race anymore.
Lack luster coverage, the midfield was enjoyable to watch which unfortunately you can only see in the extended highlights after the race.

Alonso is a beast! Vettel and Kimi need to get whatever Alonso is taking. The guy is driving the wheels off the Alpine.
      09-06-2021, 12:18 AM   #306
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

Lack luster coverage, the midfield was enjoyable to watch which unfortunately you can only see in the extended highlights after the race.

Alonso is a beast! Vettel and Kimi need to get whatever Alonso is taking. The guy is driving the wheels off the Alpine.
I think Alonso is the best all around driver today. He can drive the shit out of anything with wheels lol
Appreciate 4
M5Rick58900.50
3798j11173.00
Bubbles2752.00
      09-06-2021, 12:23 AM   #307
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Quote:
Alonso is a beast!
Indeed he had a good race.

And I also think PER drove a good race.
Of course his weekend was bad because of the sub par qualifying and in the race he ruined his hard tyres after only a few laps because of a massive lockup, effectively having him make an unnecessary pitstop, but he has overtaken quite a few cars.
And half of those cars probably with more powerful mercedes engines.
The Red bull car of course superior to most of those cars but purely because of the rolling chassis, not on engine power.

So a lot of PER overtakes were in corners, virtually impossible deemed by some

Still strange to have such a bad qualifying session and still drive a very strong race.
Appreciate 1
      09-06-2021, 01:31 AM   #308
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
In the post race press conference Max stated that Bottas is a respectful driver and had no concerns about passing him. Bottas seemed to appreciate the compliment, Hammy didn’t.

Anyone else noticed how Hammy uses the term “they” to reference his own team. Provides real insight about how he operates and views the team. I wonder if Merc team members are strictly instructed that they are not permitted to ever assign causation to Hammy despite how obvious it may be, in stark contrast to the RBR environment.

Max’s reaction to Hammy saying the RBR car is so strong.
Lately he has got like this with his 'I'm only doing it for them if they want me to'. He's paid so much and placed himself in an elite position thinking that he is not accountable to anyone except himself stringing Wolf along with this.
Appreciate 2