2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums AUSTRALIA Space saver spare?

11-30-2022, 02:55 PM   #1
Ausf10
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i 3.0

Space saver spare?

I am about to change the RFTs on my 528i to non-RFTs. I want to get a space saver spare but BMW charges $750 for a space saver with tyre. It's a bit excessive, and the jack is another $500. Are there any other options eg an X1 or some other BMW that comes with a space saver that I could buy from a wreckers? I have looked and it isn't clear on compatibility between models. Mine is an M Sport but AFAIK that doesn't include bigger brakes than std.

There are options in the US and the UK but by the time you add shipping, it is close to what BMW charges for the real deal here.

The only option I can see at the moment is to buy just the alloy spare from BMW here (about $350) and then buy a space saver tyre (about $150) and the rest (jack, wheel brace) from a wreckers. Or a Mobility Kit? Trouble with the kit is of you pinch or shred a tyre (I've pinched a couple tyres on bad potholes over the years) I don't think just the Kit is going to help.
Appreciate 0