2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum Jb4 malfunction

11-11-2022, 01:37 AM   #1
F10ChrisM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 550i 6spd

Jb4 malfunction

What's up guys, I have a 2012 BMW 550i with the JB4. I don't have the bluetooth connectivity so I have been changing the maps on the cluster.

I think I have a problem with it or it could be my MAF sensor. I'm new to the JB so I'm still learning.

With the car on and idling and on map 0 (disabled), I uninstall the Jb4 from the OBD2 port and when reinstalling with the car still on, the car bogs and wants to shut off for about 1 second, then gets back to normal idle, then ultimately a DTML comes on, i scan it with my Zurich scanner and get a P0241 code (turbo sensor circuit low "B").

I didn't delete the code, uninstalled the JB4 and went to driving and after about an hour, the cars ECU deleted the code itself since my scanner picked up no faults.

After, I repeated the uninstalling and installing the JB4 and again, got the same code.

Any inputs?

I have it uninstalled right now and been driving like that and the car runs great and fine.
Appreciate 0