2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum New BMW Owner

11-04-2021, 10:43 AM   #1
IWantToBeOnMars
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 528i

New BMW Owner

Hi
New here. Ive been around BMWs for a while (family worked at BMW and I spend time there) but away from them recently as I moved and kind of fell out of the loop. in 2012 I bought a MINI Countryman S All4. Great car, never an issue aside from the AC not being cold enough for Florida. Sold it as it got too small for family trips with kids and luggage. Grabbed a 2015 4Runner as I just wanted simple and easy but was immediately bored and felt lackluster.
On 10/31/2021 I bought a Used 2015 BMW 528i. Very Clean, 66xxx Miles. Drove well and I didn't notice any issues but one. It vibrates at a stand still like in traffic. Youtube suggests engine mounts. Yesterday I started the car and it had a solid check engine light. Took it to a shop and they said evap system code.
suggested faulty fuel cap or evap pump. Checked the gas cap and the gasket was a bit dirty. Dealers nor 2 Euro shops can get me in for about a week or so off to a bit of a sluggish start but I like the car.
No other codes present.
Next, I used MDecoder to see what I have exactly. Dealer states Bi-Xenon headlights, MDecoder states I have S524 Adaptive Headlights and S5A1 LED Fog Lights. What exactly does that mean? I get the Bi-Xenon because both High/Low come out of the outer projector headlight and its bright white. Adaptive?
Final newb question for now. 7/14 Production date (US Spec). RealOEM lists as LCI. That should be accurate correct?
Thanks for reading and any answers/help
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 05:40 AM   #2
leftoverture
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 228i

Bump so you can get your questions answered. It's been nearly a week, did you get it in the shop yet?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #3
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantToBeOnMars View Post
Hi
New here. Ive been around BMWs for a while (family worked at BMW and I spend time there) but away from them recently as I moved and kind of fell out of the loop. in 2012 I bought a MINI Countryman S All4. Great car, never an issue aside from the AC not being cold enough for Florida. Sold it as it got too small for family trips with kids and luggage. Grabbed a 2015 4Runner as I just wanted simple and easy but was immediately bored and felt lackluster.
On 10/31/2021 I bought a Used 2015 BMW 528i. Very Clean, 66xxx Miles. Drove well and I didn't notice any issues but one. It vibrates at a stand still like in traffic. Youtube suggests engine mounts. Yesterday I started the car and it had a solid check engine light. Took it to a shop and they said evap system code.
suggested faulty fuel cap or evap pump. Checked the gas cap and the gasket was a bit dirty. Dealers nor 2 Euro shops can get me in for about a week or so off to a bit of a sluggish start but I like the car.
No other codes present.
Next, I used MDecoder to see what I have exactly. Dealer states Bi-Xenon headlights, MDecoder states I have S524 Adaptive Headlights and S5A1 LED Fog Lights. What exactly does that mean? I get the Bi-Xenon because both High/Low come out of the outer projector headlight and its bright white. Adaptive?
Final newb question for now. 7/14 Production date (US Spec). RealOEM lists as LCI. That should be accurate correct?
Thanks for reading and any answers/help
You have the Xenon/HID headlights. Adaptive simply means that you turn your steering wheel to the left, and your headlights turn a few degrees to the left, to help created a larger, lighted view into a turn. It will also do the same when you turn to the right.

2014+ is the LCI/facelift, so yes you have a LCI car.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 11:53 AM   #4
skrill2020
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

Interior / exterior will be fine
Appreciate 0