2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Trouble adding phone to Bluetooth

01-05-2020, 05:12 PM   #1
Arjan1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 2011

Trouble adding phone to Bluetooth

Hi,

i am am not sure what I'm doing wrong but cannot add my phone to the Bluetooth.

My my first attempt it added and was listed in the added devices and then connected automatically and I could make called and stream audio.

Everything as it should.

Then in my daughter wanted to add her phone. Went through the same procedure and just wouldn't add. My boy tried to add his phone and the same.

So so I removed my phone and went to reconnect to show how easy it was and now I have the same problems.

Ill explain what's going on.

There red is no devices added on the telephone Bluetooth list.

Click on add device, then discover the car on the phone. Then put a code into the car, same code onto phone and click pair.

The he car says connecting, the phone immediately says connected.

The car just continues to say connecting for a long time.

But there is some connection as I can play audio through Bluetooth. Once my phone rang and was connected to Bluetooth. But I can't access the phone or phone book on the car as there are no added devices.

I checked the the software version and was updated. I restored to the previous versions and still the same. I loaded a fresh up to date version and no luck.

It’s so frustrating as everything works bar being able to call out from the car via the steering wheel or idrive as it does not think there is a phone connected; yet if I call out using my phone (or there is an incoming call) it all works fine.

Would really appreciate any help.

The car is a 2011 520 with professional sat nav.

Thanks

Arjan
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

Let the car find the phone.
The car is always much slower at discovery.
Appreciate 0