2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Bootmod3 tune flash failed car wont start

04-06-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Bootmod3 tune flash failed car wont start

Hello, so currently I have a 2016 550i that's tuned with bootmod and I have always had issues flashing tunes onto my car, it usually takes over an hour just to get one tune because of how much it fails and my dme goes into sleep mode, but usually I solve the issue by charging the battery and eventually it works, but this last time I've tried flashing a tune, it is not recovering at all, the battery was charged, I started tuning and it went to a couple percent than failed, so I tried again then it would not even go to a percentage, it would just try clearing the "vehicle ecu codes" and it would fail, and ever since then it has been doing the same thing over and over again and my car will not turn on. This is SUPER frustrating as I'm losing sleep over this, I even let my battery charge over night and no difference. I start the flash, it says "beginning writing block" then it goes to "Clearing codes on all vehicle ecu's" then it just fails, it does not even start, I've went down the entire checklist of what could be causing it to fail, I am using the bootmod wifi adapter that connects to the OBD and using my phone to flash, I am beyond frustrated because I am lost on what it is going on, if anyone can help out it would be wonderful, I have been on bootmod support talking to their team nonstop but we still have not figured out a solution. I even tried resetting the dme, no difference
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 02:30 PM   #2
FdisFingF10
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550i M Sport 6M

Did you try flashing stock file first? Anytime I bricked the car, I just flash back to stock. Then reflash. No guarantees.

Sleep mode? Keeping seatbelt on usually resolves that.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 02:39 PM   #3
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FdisFingF10 View Post
Did you try flashing stock file first? Anytime I bricked the car, I just flash back to stock. Then reflash. No guarantees.

Sleep mode? Keeping seatbelt on usually resolves that.
it's the same issue, same thing happens no matter what map I try to flash, I'm not sure if it's sleep mode or whatever it is, it is in a mode where I get a bunch of codes and the car does not start, But yes I can't even flash the car back to stock
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 05:03 PM   #4
BimmerRalph
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 535I M SPORT

Garage List
2011 BMW 535I  [0.00]
Flash the car back to stock, turn the car back on leave it running for a minute or 2 then try again. ive had this happen to me a few times on my other BMW's.

2011 535i M Sport l ER Chargepipe l BMS Intake l Megan Racing Mufflers l RVG Catless Downpipe
Subscribe To My Youtube Channel!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuR..._as=subscriber
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2021, 05:15 PM   #5
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRalph View Post
Flash the car back to stock, turn the car back on leave it running for a minute or 2 then try again. ive had this happen to me a few times on my other BMW's.
I physically cant, it is not working , it is giving me the same issue as it does with any other map
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 11:10 PM   #6
AlpineweissF10
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive

Have you tried to flash with a different device and/or cable? hopefully support can find a resolution.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #7
GrabacrOne
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Have you tried flashing using the ENET cable connected directly to your laptop? I switched to ENET-to-iPhone recently but had the issue where it didn't relock the DME when flashing back to stock. I went back to using my laptop directly and it worked fine, so it looks like there might be issues with the iOS or WiFi adapter methods.

Also, are you supporting your battery with a charger while flashing, or just charging up your battery beforehand? I run a 15 amp charger while flashing and I've never had any issues. I've had a flash fail and prevent my car from starting but once I used a battery charger, I was able to flash back to stock and retry successfully. I use a charger all the time now just to be safe. Also switch off A/C, headlights, put your seatbelt on, and don't open any doors while flashing to prevent the DME from going to sleep.
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #578262 as a referral.

F10 535i M-Sport | Gone but not forgotten: G01 X3 xDrive30i M-Sport; F15 X5 xDrive35i; E70 X5 4.8i
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2021, 12:29 AM   #8
fstm5
Second Lieutenant
Rep

***UPDATE***, I’ve been at work and unable to respond to this post, they ended up helping me out bootmod support, one of my dmes got deleted, I am not sure how but it somehow did, they needed to use a bmw diagonal tic program to get me back to stock map
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 06:11 PM   #9
YaBoyMARC
Registered
Rep
Drives: F32 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk550i View Post
***UPDATE***, I’ve been at work and unable to respond to this post, they ended up helping me out bootmod support, one of my dmes got deleted, I am not sure how but it somehow did, they needed to use a bmw diagonal tic program to get me back to stock map
Did you have to go to BMW for this? how did you end up getting it?
Appreciate 0