2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications G Plus F10 Intercooler

03-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #45
top ramen
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Schwarz II 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitts5 View Post
DIY Posted!!
Thanks bro.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:47 AM   #46
neejay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderekmeier View Post
FYI I emailed the eBay seller yellowspeed and they sent me the brackets.
Interesting. So an eBay seller was able to send you the correct brackets, no hassle or BS in an acceptable time frame, but VRSF still can't produce the correct brackets (going on a month and a half) even though testing and production have been going on for over a year?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #47
InHousePerformance
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i

Garage List
2018 Ford F150  [0.00]
2015 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neejay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrderekmeier View Post
FYI I emailed the eBay seller yellowspeed and they sent me the brackets.
Interesting. So an eBay seller was able to send you the correct brackets, no hassle or BS in an acceptable time frame, but VRSF still can't produce the correct brackets (going on a month and a half) even though testing and production have been going on for over a year?
Ouchhhh hahahaha Ebay for the win
Dorch Stage 2 HPFP
E50 tune by Cary Jordan
EOS EkP Module
Walbro 525 LPFP
Variant Argon 20? Wheels

E60 M550i Sold
“Im a crazy car guy”
If it has a motor, it has my attention
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 07:29 AM   #48
Rayzor
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: F10 Msport 535i

Such a disappointment that non of the suppliers ship to South Africa
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 05:19 PM   #49
MOBF10
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

sub'd. really interested in more reviews.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 09:57 PM   #50
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Not sure if this is what happened here, but it most likely is. A lot of times companies send over specs to manufacturers in China (or other cheap labor countries) to produce their product, and the manufacturer either copies the specs down and starts producing their own, or produce extra stock and brand it as their own. Either way, they produce a near carbon copy of the same item, just without the markup due to no R&D and branding costs. I'd be willing to bet this IC performs pretty similarly to Wagner one.

One good giveaway that they're made in the same factory is the brand stamp. They're both in the same area, at roughly the same offsets if measured from center. Most likely just a stamp head being swapped out and that's it.

The part I find the most funny about the g plus one (and the main reason I finally registered an account) is if you look at the ebay item descriptions for both gplusmotor and yellowspeed. They literally ripped it straight from Wagner's website, with some hilariously bad attempts to make it look different. They even list it under the same part number as the Wagner one, 200001069

Wagner:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. WAGNERTUNING Performance Core with high cooling performance and a weight of 11,7kg. Combined with cast aluminum end tanks which are optimized by CFD for.best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

yellow:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. The Competition Core with high cooling performance and light weight combined with cast aluminum optimized by CAD. Flow analyses and simulations were created to optimize the design for best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

If you're trying to saving money, there's really no reason to not buy the g-plus, it's great bang for the buck. My only concern would be QC, but even then, Ebay has buyer protection and if you can show definite manufacture defect they will refund you.

Last edited by Unspec; 04-22-2019 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 05:08 PM   #51
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i M Sport

Shoot, kinda tempted to buy one now from reading all these posts lol. Under 300 bucks, you can't beat that! especially if it's identical to the Wagner
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 06:41 PM   #52
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpabalinas81 View Post
Shoot, kinda tempted to buy one now from reading all these posts lol. Under 300 bucks, you can't beat that! especially if it's identical to the Wagner
Fin density might be a different. But to be honest, if you can get even 50% of the performance of the Wagner one, you're getting that for like 30% of the cost. Pretty good bang for your buck. The biggest benefit of it being a clone is that you know it'll fit without modification.

Of course, if money isn't a major concern, Wagner is probably better since you definitely know what you're getting.

Either way, clone or real, both are better than stock lol
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:40 PM   #53
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep

Just ordered mine today, Ebay had a 10% off coupon, got it for $218.00 bucks!!!!!! Can't Wait!! Hopefully it's as good as the Wagner!!! I'll let you guys know!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2019, 09:57 AM   #54
John H.
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i XDrive

Quote:
Just ordered mine today, Ebay had a 10% off coupon, got it for $218.00 bucks!!!!!! Can't Wait!! Hopefully it's as good as the Wagner!!! I'll let you guys know!
Good deal! Take some pics please!

BTW, I graduated from Vallejo Sr.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 07:44 PM   #55
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H. View Post
Good deal! Take some pics please!

BTW, I graduated from Vallejo Sr.

Sweet! Me too, what year? I was class of 1999. And yes, I will take pics when it arrives. Going to have my buddy that works at BMW come by and install. Suppose to be coming on Friday the 24th. We shall see!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #56
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Would this add HP?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2019, 07:41 PM   #57
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unspec View Post
Not sure if this is what happened here, but it most likely is. A lot of times companies send over specs to manufacturers in China (or other cheap labor countries) to produce their product, and the manufacturer either copies the specs down and starts producing their own, or produce extra stock and brand it as their own. Either way, they produce a near carbon copy of the same item, just without the markup due to no R&D and branding costs. I'd be willing to bet this IC performs pretty similarly to Wagner one.

One good giveaway that they're made in the same factory is the brand stamp. They're both in the same area, at roughly the same offsets if measured from center. Most likely just a stamp head being swapped out and that's it.

The part I find the most funny about the g plus one (and the main reason I finally registered an account) is if you look at the ebay item descriptions for both gplusmotor and yellowspeed. They literally ripped it straight from Wagner's website, with some hilariously bad attempts to make it look different. They even list it under the same part number as the Wagner one, 200001069

Wagner:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. WAGNERTUNING Performance Core with high cooling performance and a weight of 11,7kg. Combined with cast aluminum end tanks which are optimized by CFD for.best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

yellow:
...providing a 92% larger frontal area and 97% more volume compared to the original intercooler. Our engineers have increased the intercooler core size and efficiency, as well as improved the end tank design to remove any OEM bottlenecks, resulting in increased flow rating and charge cooling properties. The Competition Core with high cooling performance and light weight combined with cast aluminum optimized by CAD. Flow analyses and simulations were created to optimize the design for best possible internal airflow. This intercooler is the best choice when it comes to performance gains and low intake temperatures. Less pressure drop then OEM Intercooler. Anti corrosion protective coating with perfect thermal heat dissipating character. Optimal cooling with clearly more power. Kit is ready for installation, 100% perfect fit. Fitment is easy, replacing the OEM intercooler. All of our products undergo rigorous quality control.

If you're trying to saving money, there's really no reason to not buy the g-plus, it's great bang for the buck. My only concern would be QC, but even then, Ebay has buyer protection and if you can show definite manufacture defect they will refund you.
Do you think this adds hp?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #58
MOBF10
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp

It doesnt add hp. Getting a better flowing intercooler helps maintain hp. Also allows you to run more boost with other mods.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 10:13 PM   #59
Unspec
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobro View Post
Do you think this adds hp?
No, not directly. But it does unlock higher potential power through more aggressive tunes. If you're bone stock, running a bigger intercooler does nothing for you besides reduce heat soak if you don't tune the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #60
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep

Just Got it in yesterday, found the brackets on the inside flap sitting on top as if they just tried to throw it in there last minute. Looks to be good quality! Having my BMW buddy install next week, i'll post some install photos! But I did email the buyer right when I bought it to "don't forget the brackets" lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
John H.230.00
      05-25-2019, 09:42 PM   #61
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

ah comon' take off the plastic and show us the goods!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 11:40 PM   #62
Casebrius
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 535 M-Sport; 95,97 E36 M3

How long was lead time?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 12:23 AM   #63
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebrius View Post
How long was lead time?
I ordered 5/18, shipped out 5/20 and it arrived 5/24, came from Miamisburg, OH

Last edited by gpabalinas81; 05-26-2019 at 12:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2019, 12:32 AM   #64
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
ah comon' take off the plastic and show us the goods!
Unwrapped it just for you! lol!, didn't want to unwrap it until the install, but here you go! S#!T is clean son!! sorry, my little girl's feet and toys in the background lol!!
Attached Images

05-26-2019, 01:07 AM   #65
gpabalinas81
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonobro View Post
Would this add HP?
It does and it's doesn't, the purpose of an upgraded FMIC is to keep the air going into the engine cooler and denser, potentially making more horse power on colder days, but during normal driving it can keep the HP consistent, while driving, since the stock FMIC is a heat soaker, heat will potentially cause HP loss since the air is less dense, upgrading the FMIC will get cooler air into the engine and will keep the HP consistent while your driving and will lessen heat soak.
      05-26-2019, 02:13 PM   #66
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Unwrapped it just for you! lol!, didn't want to unwrap it until the install, but here you go! S#!T is clean son!! sorry, my little girl's feet and toys in the background lol!!
Very nice. Are you able to get pictures during the install or maybe a good DIY
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0