2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Help me out... Limp mode, P325F

09-14-2019, 11:16 PM   #1
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Help me out... Limp mode, P325F

Cycling the car on and off works, but it's happened twice in the last two days... cruzing down the freeway, step on it in a 5th or 6th, not even high RPMs and fuel cuts off kinda hard-like, and i'm in limp mode. I found this since it's not a generic OBDII code, but a manufacturer specific code:
"Plausibility monitoring of the relative fuel mass"

Which I think means I lost fuel pressure? Not sure... but I did read several guys with tunes disable all of these "Plausibility" codes that will take your car into limp mode.

Thoughts anyone?

I'm currently running a 02 simulator due to catless DP to not throw a CEL. So I've manually set my 02 output back to the ECU as rich as I can get it without throwing a CEL as well.

I was thinking to just go get JB4 to be able to control more parameters and monitor things a bit better, like fuel.
Appreciate 1
      09-15-2019, 12:41 PM   #2
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

It is either rail pressure sensor or fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #3
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
LPFP or HPFP? Any easy diagnosis or just take it into a shop and have them check it out? Would this not be caused by my mods and the fact I don't have a tune?

Wagner FMIC knockoff
AFE Scorcher chip
BMS Intake
Catless DP
Full exhaust
O2 sensor simulator (set signal being sent to ECU for fuel)
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
Bmw doubles
Dream crusher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Garage List
2011 535  [0.00]
There's a recall for the lpfp so that's a free fix at your dealer. Tell them replace it and don't flash my car.

Unlikely to be fuel rail sensor but you never know and HPFP fuel failure is another code.

Other forms mention this error and relate it to poor comms to the ecu caused by low voltage. Check your battery voltage.
535i MIssion Performance, PS2, Helix HPFP Kit, Wagner FMIC, Spec 3 clutch, Steel SMF, Wolf Racing CP, UUC SSK, GFB dv, SprintBooster, Custom Dynomax Exhaust, M5 Sways, Eibach OE Springs, Koni Sports Adjustable, Custom Short Ram CAI

IG: @bmwdoubles
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 08:07 PM   #5
ziekxq
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i xDrive

You have AFE scorcher ship... That is a tune lol. Don't waste money on JB4 go straight to MHD or BM3.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #6
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziekxq View Post
You have AFE scorcher ship... That is a tune lol. Don't waste money on JB4 go straight to MHD or BM3.
It's not a tune that works with the ECU in unison with my other mods that would prevent codes, that's more of what I meant. I read a lot about how jb4 works WITH MHD and that's why I was leaning towards doing both starting with the jb4... thoughts?
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2021, 12:33 AM   #7
335nista
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowBMW View Post
Cycling the car on and off works, but it's happened twice in the last two days... cruzing down the freeway, step on it in a 5th or 6th, not even high RPMs and fuel cuts off kinda hard-like, and i'm in limp mode. I found this since it's not a generic OBDII code, but a manufacturer specific code:

Which I think means I lost fuel pressure? Not sure... but I did read several guys with tunes disable all of these "Plausibility" codes that will take your car into limp mode.

Thoughts anyone?

I'm currently running a 02 simulator due to catless DP to not throw a CEL. So I've manually set my 02 output back to the ECU as rich as I can get it without throwing a CEL as well.

I was thinking to just go get JB4 to be able to control more parameters and monitor things a bit better, like fuel.
Did you ever figure out the problem I'm having the same thing
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 06:48 AM   #8
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335nista View Post
Quote:

Thoughts anyone?

It was so long ago I don't remember. I went MHD and never had the problem again. Sorry!!

2011 F10 S55 6MT
Website Insta @bimmerhausperformance YouTube
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #9
335nista
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts anyone?

It was so long ago I don't remember. I went MHD and never had the problem again. Sorry!!
Dam well that's okay, just trying to do some digging , people are telling me I need a whole new dme
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #10
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts anyone?

Dam well that's okay, just trying to do some digging , people are telling me I need a whole new dme
I would definitely flash MHD first. Are you 100% stock? Have an Indy do a diagnostic test?

2011 F10 S55 6MT
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #11
335nista
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thoughts anyone?

I would definitely flash MHD first. Are you 100% stock? Have an Indy do a diagnostic test?
I'm 100% stock looking to mod though and trying to sort out problems , you suggest just going mhd stage 1 or still stage 0
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 11:21 PM   #12
BimmerHausPerformance
Major
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 535i  [0.00]
Well, mhd is cheaper than a new dime! And if you are gonna mod anyway, worth a try.

2011 F10 S55 6MT
Appreciate 0