2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications No Angel Eyes on Newly Installed Headlight

03-09-2023, 09:42 PM   #1
Shoezy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i xDrive

No Angel Eyes on Newly Installed Headlight

Hey guys, hopefully someone can help me out here.

I got a ton of water in my headlight on my ‘14 535 and ended up needing to replace the whole unit. I just finished installing the new headlight. I put in all of the modules and bulbs as I should have and made sure they were put in just like the old headlight from the factory so I know it was done/oriented correctly. I know it still needs initialized on ISTA or some other coding software, but here’s my issue:

When watching other people replace their headlight or some of their modules in online videos, their angel eyes would work and come back on right away and mine do not.

Did I do something wrong? Or will this all be fixed once it is initialized and I’m just over-panicking.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2023, 10:53 AM   #2
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Initialize them in ISTA. You didn't do anything wrong.
Appreciate 1
Shoezy0.00