2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Down-Pipe with Stainless Steel Flex Section

12-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
WaqasRiyami
Private
Oman
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 ( 535i )

Down-Pipe with Stainless Steel Flex Section

Hello Guys...

I own a F10 535i 2012

i wanted o buy Cat-less Down-pipe, i rounded it to two choices , I liked the VRSF and EvolutionRacewerks

but there is one difference between them the VRSF doesn't have Steel Flex Section in the DP , But ER has a Flex Section...

What is the use of the flex section ? and which one do you think i should buy ?

--VRSF
http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-3-5-sta...e71-x5-x6.html
--EvolutionRacewerks
http://www.evolutionracewerks.com/node/240

Last edited by WaqasRiyami; 12-08-2017 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Adding Sites to the thraed
Appreciate 1
gabypr150.00
      12-12-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
Aaron@Autosource
Rep
Drives: F110/F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami View Post
Hello Guys...

I own a F10 535i 2012

i wanted o buy Cat-less Down-pipe, i rounded it to two choices , I liked the VRSF and EvolutionRacewerks

but there is one difference between them the VRSF doesn't have Steel Flex Section in the DP , But ER has a Flex Section...

--VRSF
--EvolutionRacewerks

Flex will absorb some of the flex and vibrations from the engine under throttle. Either will work, just depends if you have the extra $ for the flex or not. ER is definitely a bit nicer but VRSF will "work" just fine.
Appreciate 1
gabypr150.00
      12-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #3
gabypr
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2015 F10 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaqasRiyami View Post
Hello Guys...

I own a F10 535i 2012

--VRSF
--EvolutionRacewerks
ER is very recognized among F10 members. Also AR is another brand that makes great downpipes. AR has a catless, catted, and catless with integrated resonator to tame a bit the sound. In the near future im planning on getting the AR with resonator.

CQuartz UK 3 Ceramic Coating | GeoShield Pronano 50% Ceramic Window Film | M5 M Perf Steering Wheel | M6 Comp Pkg Mufflers | M Perf Floor Mats | CF Spoiler | RW CF Quad Setup Diffuser | RW CF Front Lip | CF Trim | BMW Interior Leds | M5 343 Wheels | Pure Stg 2 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
Jayphil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535I xdrive 2011 (M-SPORT)

I got the ER downpipe and I am happy, the fitment was nice. The flex is nice but it is not in the ideal position since the mounting brackets are before and after which defeat a bit the purpose of a flex...

The flex should be just after the turbo flange just like OEM( OEM is flexible at the turbo flange) which is ideal.

On the other side VRSF has no flange which put more weight and stress on the turbo... Never heard of problems yet but definitely not ideal either.
BMW 535I xdrive 2011 M-Sport with H&R Springs, Niche Form Wheels 8.5 ET35 / 10.5 ET35, Continental DSW06 245/35 & 285/30, JB4 Map 5, ER Downpipe, Megan Racing Quad Exhaust with Vibrant resonators, M5 Diffuser, Orange reflector shaved and removed xdrive badge.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 06:14 AM   #5
paul223
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

ER is better because it has mounting clamps so vibrations from exhaust is not transferred to turbo. If you get rear ended, the exhaust may put pressure on turbo possibly causing damage to turbo.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #6
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayphil View Post
I got the ER downpipe and I am happy, the fitment was nice. The flex is nice but it is not in the ideal position since the mounting brackets are before and after which defeat a bit the purpose of a flex...

The flex should be just after the turbo flange just like OEM( OEM is flexible at the turbo flange) which is ideal.

On the other side VRSF has no flange which put more weight and stress on the turbo... Never heard of problems yet but definitely not ideal either.
yup 100%, the ER flex section is literally a waste since its mounted with brackets before and after the flex section.

I personally went OEM DP, gutted... Perfect fitment and flex section to absorb any flex for the turbo housing.