2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum M5 bumper on 528i?

02-26-2020, 03:46 PM   #1
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

M5 bumper on 528i?

Has anyone done a conversion for this yet, it seems to be more cost effective, since there aren't really any used m sport rear bumpers. Is there any specific conversion kits I need? Or would it be a direct bolt on. I have the parking assist sensors.
      02-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #2
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

M5 and MSPORT bumpers are the same. The only difference is the diffuser
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 03:51 PM   #3
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Thanks for the clarification, would I need a conversion kit to install one? Or are they direct fitment m
      02-26-2020, 04:01 PM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingling View Post
Thanks for the clarification, would I need a conversion kit to install one? Or are they direct fitment m
They should be a direct fit. No kit needed of any kind. Just reuse yours
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:03 PM   #5
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They should be a direct fit. No kit needed of any kind. Just reuse yours
Thank you, one last thing for the exhaust are the M-Sport or m5 direct fitment as well? Or do I need new exhaust hangers too?
      02-26-2020, 04:10 PM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, one last thing for the exhaust are the M-Sport or m5 direct fitment as well? Or do I need new exhaust hangers too?
Ate you changing out your exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #7
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ate you changing out your exhaust?
I'm planning on doing the rear bumper change to so I would have dual exhaust cut outs. What would be the best option? Since the 528i currently only has the one side exhaust
      02-26-2020, 04:21 PM   #8
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Quote:
Wow hold up M5 bumper won't be direct bolt on
You will need fenders as well to fit and other components.
Now M-Sport front bumper might be just bolt on.
      02-26-2020, 04:22 PM   #9
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm planning on doing the rear bumper change to so I would have dual exhaust cut outs. What would be the best option? Since the 528i currently only has the one side exhaust
Oh you have the 528. Why don't you buy the Remus exhaust. They have the quad version for your car
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:23 PM   #10
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Jeffe 5 View Post
Wow hold up M5 bumper won't be direct bolt on
You will need fenders as well to fit and other components.
Now M-Sport front bumper might be just bolt on.
He's talking about the rear bumper brother unless he's talking about the front as well
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2020, 04:25 PM   #11
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

OP I must have misread the earlier post. The rear bumper is the same for both MSPORT and M5. But the front bumper is a whole different story like El Jeffe 5 mentions
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #12
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
OP I must have misread the earlier post. The rear bumper is the same for both MSPORT and M5. But the front bumper is a whole different story like El Jeffe 5 mentions
I am only looking to modify the rear bumper sorry for the confusion my 528i x drive only has one exhaust cut out so to run a quad setup I would need a M-Sport bumper or m5 correct?
      02-26-2020, 04:38 PM   #13
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am only looking to modify the rear bumper sorry for the confusion my 528i x drive only has one exhaust cut out so to run a quad setup I would need a M-Sport bumper or m5 correct?
Ok, that's what I thought you were asking so cool we are in the same page.

The Remus exhaust is designed for your 528. This would be the cheaper alternative as You would only need to make a cut out on the side that doesn't have the exhaust opening. Or swap out the bumper for the M5/MSPORT rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 04:49 PM   #14
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Ok, that's what I thought you were asking so cool we are in the same page.

The Remus exhaust is designed for your 528. This would be the cheaper alternative as You would only need to make a cut out on the side that doesn't have the exhaust opening. Or swap out the bumper for the M5/MSPORT rear bumper
Are there options for a rear diffusion with that option or would I have to change bumpers?
      02-26-2020, 05:05 PM   #15
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Are there options for a rear diffusion with that option or would I have to change bumpers?
if you have the non m bumper than the only option is to cut yours. there is the hamann CF diffuser but you'll have to cut your non m diffuser regardless. if not than swapping out bumper would be your next option. stick with the MSPORT bumper as the exhaust openings sit more outward as the M5 exhaust openings sit more inward.

if not with the Remus what kind of exhaust were you gonna go with because you'll still have to have the muffler shop route the other pipe to the other side?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 05:11 PM   #16
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

here's the Hamann cf diffuser for a non m rear bumper. you would still need to cut out the bottom of the bumper for this to fit

here's the Remus exhaust for your 528
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 08:13 PM   #17
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
here's the Hamann cf diffuser for a non m rear bumper. you would still need to cut out the bottom of the bumper for this to fit
[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
If I got the m sport rear bumper would the Remus exhaust fit it? And what's the normal cost for painting a rear bumper to OEM color? Alpine white
      02-26-2020, 09:35 PM   #18
SikhBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw x5 xdrive40e

Quote:

Pretty cool. So looking this up on Google I only see the cf f10 m version on ******** site. The non m seems to be for the f30... Any links to this diffuser?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 10:10 PM   #19
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If I got the m sport rear bumper would the Remus exhaust fit it? And what's the normal cost for painting a rear bumper to OEM color? Alpine white
yes it will fit. I paid $250 to have my rear bumper painted from a local autobody. came out great. he also did my front bumper for the same price. the dealer wanted well over $1000
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 10:12 PM   #20
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikhBMW View Post
Pretty cool. So looking this up on Google I only see the cf f10 m version on ******** site. The non m seems to be for the f30... Any links to this diffuser?
the Hamman only comes in a carbon fiber version. you can find it if you search carbon fiber bmwf10. it won't let me post the sites here.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 05:59 AM   #21
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
yes it will fit. I paid $250 to have my rear bumper painted from a local autobody. came out great. he also did my front bumper for the same price. the dealer wanted well over $1000
Thank man I'm going to be purchasing parts soon hopefully. But was wounding what's the difference between the OEM bumper and m sport bumper? Is it only that removable bottom piece? Bc is that is the case couldn't I just cut that off and then buy any other rear diffuser and call it a day?
      02-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #22
Lingling
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Any thoughts on rear bumpers with CAPA Cert. vs none? I see the price different is significant can someone clear up in the rear why? They look the same parts to me what does CAPA do in terms of the product?