2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications JB4 issue

08-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

JB4 issue

Hey guys. So I got the JB4 installed and also ordered the OBD retrofit harness because it did not have the OBD connection. Well what I found out was the seller never removed it from the car so he only left the wires disconnected. All I had to do was reconnect the new OBD harness and I'm good. What I'm running into right now is I'm not getting any steering wheel controls meaning to be able to switch maps? Saw a few YouTube videos but all were different. Anyone know what my problem is? I tried the hold the volume button downethod and nothing. I tried the BCM toggle method and also nothing? How can I tell if the JB4 is connected? I do not see any light indicators or anything?

Edit: I was told an update was needed but is that related to why I can't access maps via steering wheel controls?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 11:54 PM   #2
AZ-MCRacer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 M4, 2013 F10 N55

To enable the BC button menu changes on F10/535 models you must connect to the JB4 using a BMS DATA cable or BlueTooth kit and change FutureUseD bit #1 on (resulting value of 2) press save. Then turn off ignition and lock doors for 5 min to allow the JB4 to reset.
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-MCRacer View Post
To enable the BC button menu changes on F10/535 models you must connect to the JB4 using a BMS DATA cable or BlueTooth kit and change FutureUseD bit #1 on (resulting value of 2) press save. Then turn off ignition and lock doors for 5 min to allow the JB4 to reset.
thanks! I got the battery discharge message so i'll need to relocate to PWR. it'll reset the JB4 back to default in which i'll do as you recommend. thanks for that!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 07:02 AM   #4
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-MCRacer View Post
so my son and I tried doing this and the BC function still does not work. I want to make sure we are doing this correctly. so where is says Future Use A that box shoud have "1" correct? and than we have to select Options and have "2" selected?
Appreciate 0