2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums General 5-Series Sedan and Wagon (F10 / F11) Forum F-10 Multi-Contour Seat Thigh Extender Problem

08-07-2019, 07:07 PM   #1
Ronsell
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i Space Gray

F-10 Multi-Contour Seat Thigh Extender Problem

First, my apologies if a similar thread has been posted. I have a 2011 528i with the multi-contour seat option. Within a period of one month, both leg (thigh) extenders have stopped working. I can hear the motors engage when I press the side control buttons, but the cushions do not move. I rarely use the extenders (and the car only has 11K miles on the odometer). I guess my primary question is will the motors controlling the extenders have to be replaced, or is it just a gear, etc. that would need replacing? I can actually extend the cushion manually, so it's not really that big of a deal, but I'm just wondering if this is something that would normally be quite expensive to repair.

Thanks in advance, Ron S.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #2
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronsell View Post
First, my apologies if a similar thread has been posted. I have a 2011 528i with the multi-contour seat option. Within a period of one month, both leg (thigh) extenders have stopped working. I can hear the motors engage when I press the side control buttons, but the cushions do not move. I rarely use the extenders (and the car only has 11K miles on the odometer). I guess my primary question is will the motors controlling the extenders have to be replaced, or is it just a gear, etc. that would need replacing? I can actually extend the cushion manually, so it's not really that big of a deal, but I'm just wondering if this is something that would normally be quite expensive to repair.

I have the same issue but with only my driver seat
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 08:04 PM   #3
wcr3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i XDrive M Sport

If you search it is usually just the gear.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 09:20 PM   #4
jonobro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f10 535i

Quote:

I have the same issue but with only my driver seat
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:

Did I read that right? A 2011 with only 11K miles?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0