2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications RaceChip Ultimate Install Pictures for 535i (F10), aFe Scorcher, BMS Stage1 Thoughts?

10-29-2015, 06:44 AM   #111
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin01123 View Post
Got this in the mail a few days ago and was able to install tonight. Part looks great and now I feel a little bit better about pushing my car. Thanks.
How was the install...pretty easy?
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #112
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg
Quote:
Got this in the mail a few days ago and was able to install tonight. Part looks great and now I feel a little bit better about pushing my car. Thanks.
How was the install...pretty easy?
The chargepipe for F10 with N55 is easy.

Here is my DIY for the F15 X5 with N55 motor, it shares the same Charge Pipe.

http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1096480
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2015, 07:48 AM   #113
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

^^^^^^ good stuff!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 05:37 PM   #114
DigitalNav
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadclown View Post
I'm hoping a bump up from B to D will give me more noticeable results..

Install pics are a little different than yours. Mine is a 2014 535i, and I post these for reference.

Marked in red. Top circle and right side arrow.

Closer top side.

Closeup of top side.

Right Side

Closeup of right side.

Top installed.

Everything back together.
The A went to top and B on right side, correct?

I installed it today and man the wheels spin out a lot more now haha.

Did you get the app to work? it says serial invalid for me.

Also, how do i connect it to blue tooth? is there supposed to be a power LED on the racechip box?

2013 F10 535i M-Sport
Alpine White
Oyster/Black
OEM M5 Exhaust with Resonator Delete
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2017, 10:39 AM   #115
J-RUE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNav View Post
The A went to top and B on right side, correct?

I installed it today and man the wheels spin out a lot more now haha.

Did you get the app to work? it says serial invalid for me.

Also, how do i connect it to blue tooth? is there supposed to be a power LED on the racechip box?
Sorry to bump an old thread but just got my recechip today. My car is a 2014 f10. From what I'm reading here my harness should have 2 y connectors (4 plugs), but my harness came with 3. Did I get the wrong harness?.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #116
MBWORLDZ2019
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

I have the 2011 BMW 535i F10, still debating should I get the BMS Stage 1 or Race Chip. Since you have it on your 535i, can I ask you a few questions. Do you know how much psi does it add to it, did you get the RC "S" or "RS". Look like BMS Stage 1 and RC using the tmap sensors to get more boost right. Do you feel any different when driving in comfort mode?
I always drive it in sport+ as soon as i start the car lol. My girlfriend hates the sport mode, the comfort mode feel like a Prius, within 30 mph, it shifts to 6th gear already.

I wonder if you feel different in acceleration in comfort mode, does it pull easily in low rpm.

BMS stage 1 claims approx +4 psi.

Do you think we can add the sprintbooster on top of that? I have on my car, just love the throttle response. Its instant !

Regards
Ced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadclown View Post
I'm hoping a bump up from B to D will give me more noticeable results..

Install pics are a little different than yours. Mine is a 2014 535i, and I post these for reference.

Marked in red. Top circle and right side arrow.

Closer top side.

Closeup of top side.

Right Side

Closeup of right side.

Top installed.

Everything back together.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2019, 05:22 PM   #117
MBWORLDZ2019
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

When you said recommended factory settings, did you mean the dial adjustment from 1 to 5 ? So if you adjust that to 5, do you need to use 93 octane and up in order to get the most of the power ?

Hows the throttle response ?

Regards
Ced

Quote:
Never had a piggy back tune before and I just installed the RaceChip Ultimate yesterday. I bought it used from a member on a different forum. Setup was easy as described in the pictures above.

I set the unit to the recommended factory settings and I feel a big difference already in sport mode. I'm still feeling this out but I'm already looking at getting a charge pipe from BMS with the extra power being put down.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #118
TShoot
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

My best advice for you would be a custom tune and not a piggy bacy. I had an RC Ultimate and tried every setting I could. I ONLY run 93 octane gas.

I never had it dynoed, but if I had to do it all over again for that car, I would check out what custom tunes are out there. I did get a drive train malfunction at one of the higher settings. But, I carry an OBDII scanner with me at all times.

I lowered the setting to D (or E/F). Cleared the error and it worked fine.

Customer tune, Higher Flow intercooler, catless downpipes, premium fuel should net you much more than you ever get with a piggyback.

BootMod3, BPC (Bimmer Performance Center) would be good starting points.

I sold the 535i for a tuned 2016 650i Gran Coupe with cartess downpipes, two range cooler setting on the plugs with an minimum of 93 Octanne. They dyno said it gave and extra 125WHP and almost as big of a gain in torque.

That tune definitely HUGE help. My sport gauges used to top out at 440HP and 480 Ft/lbs of torque (to the crank). With the tune, it pegs both HP and TRQ almost instantaneously.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #119
TShoot
Private
Rep
Drives: 535xi

I had the RC Sprint booster, an although it didn't increase the HP, the ride and throttle response was night and day difference. I highly recommend it.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 05:31 PM   #120
kimoboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I agree with you. custom tune is much much better. I have Bootmod3 in my F10 528i and its day and night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TShoot View Post
My best advice for you would be a custom tune and not a piggy bacy. I had an RC Ultimate and tried every setting I could. I ONLY run 93 octane gas.

I never had it dynoed, but if I had to do it all over again for that car, I would check out what custom tunes are out there. I did get a drive train malfunction at one of the higher settings. But, I carry an OBDII scanner with me at all times.

I lowered the setting to D (or E/F). Cleared the error and it worked fine.

Customer tune, Higher Flow intercooler, catless downpipes, premium fuel should net you much more than you ever get with a piggyback.

BootMod3, BPC (Bimmer Performance Center) would be good starting points.

I sold the 535i for a tuned 2016 650i Gran Coupe with cartess downpipes, two range cooler setting on the plugs with an minimum of 93 Octanne. They dyno said it gave and extra 125WHP and almost as big of a gain in torque.

That tune definitely HUGE help. My sport gauges used to top out at 440HP and 480 Ft/lbs of torque (to the crank). With the tune, it pegs both HP and TRQ almost instantaneously.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0