2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums EUROPE - CONTINENTAL Need help in Germany

06-07-2012, 04:35 AM   #1
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MY2013

Need help in Germany

Hey there!

I was wondering if I could get some help regarding the Apps/TV Function debate.

As you may have seen elsewhere in another topic, very recently I ordered the MY2013 F11 535d here in Germany. However, I had to drop the (6NR) BMW Apps function at the eleventh hour because for MY2013 the official intranet configuration software that dealers use was forcing (601) TV Function in every time Apps was checked in. Ultimately, to have a €150 option I would have to fork out €1.300. I was pissed off with it and dropped BMW Apps from my spec, which is now finalized and processed for a delivery in September. I have always thought that having TV in a car is a pure waste of money and at the end of the day I wasn't willing to include it just because of the Apps.

So my question is: can any of you contact your local trusted dealer—ideally a German one—in order to get confirmation from another source on whether this "bundling" is inevitable or not? Even though I might not be missing much as of now (only Facebook, twitter and internet radio), I am afraid BMW will be adding a lot more apps in the near future—useful apps, I mean—that I won't be able to use because of this.

Thank you very much in advance. Your kind help will be highly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
F10528i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Hi,
Unfortunately I can't help regarding your question regarding the "bundle" but your concerns regarding more apps will definately come true.

See the latest news from BMW about "Connected Drive 2012"

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__2369

There's a 17 page document available with details - also about the new apps...

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10528i View Post
Hi,
Unfortunately I can't help regarding your question regarding the "bundle" but your concerns regarding more apps will definately come true.

See the latest news from BMW about "Connected Drive 2012"

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/press...tem=node__2369

There's a 17 page document available with details - also about the new apps...

Cheers
Hi, thanks for the reply! I thought no one would react.
In the end I was able to add Apps again without having to include TV. It must have been a glitch in the official configuring software that dealers use. So my order is confirmed with Apps and I should be able to reap the benefits of whatever is available further down the road in the Apps front.

I skimmed through the press release about ConnectedDrive 2012. I gather this is applicable for F10/F11s built from July 2012 onwards, right? Maybe only the touchpad will be available later on as stated in the release... My car will be built in the beginning of September, so I should have the newer Navigation system, the 20GB hard drive and whatnot. Or am I wrong?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
F10528i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Keep fingers crosssed.
But to be 100% sure, I would definately let the "Freundlicher Deines Vertrauens" ;-) - where you ordered your new car confirm...

Have fun
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #5
rhinosaur
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep

My dealer confirmed that I will get the new innovations, but I need to see in order to fully believe.
Appreciate 0