2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes Need Help On StopTech
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-14-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
kimoboy
Second Lieutenant
20
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation Need Help On StopTech

I have a new set of front Big Brake Stop Tech ST-60 that was bought for my E90 335i, now I am selling the car and buying F10 535i, is there a way that I can use the set.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 10:30 AM   #2
Luky
Second Lieutenant
Luky's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: 2016 550i M Sport :D
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

You should probably call stop tech. I think 535i msport front rotors are 348mm iirc. Maybe you just need new rotors and mounts?

You should read this thread. lots of good info on F10 brakes.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #3
kimoboy
Second Lieutenant
20
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Thanks man for the info.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Luky View Post
You should probably call stop tech. I think 535i msport front rotors are 348mm iirc. Maybe you just need new rotors and mounts?

You should read this thread. lots of good info on F10 brakes.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #4
Luky
Second Lieutenant
Luky's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: 2016 550i M Sport :D
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimoboy View Post
Thanks man for the info.
Ever get this figured out? I just installed the stoptech kit for my F10 550i which uses ST60 six piston calipers and 380x35mm rotors. And it came with new SS lines and the correct adapters (would be same for 535i). The thing I would not be sure of now is that the E90 calipers would have the right clamp force and bias for a F10. From watching a video of their manufacturing and development process my understanding is they size the pistons per the application so not all ST60 calipers would be the same... there was a stoptech sale going at buybrakes.com and they had a couple more kits for F10 for only $1800. They had black or silver calipers available a few weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #5
anthonygan
New Member
3
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 535i XDrive
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Oregon

iTrader: (0)

I got the stoptech kit in red! The deal was too good to miss out.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #6
kimoboy
Second Lieutenant
20
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Will one guy said that I will need custom adapter and it will fit. I will check buybrakes if they still have sale.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Luky View Post
Ever get this figured out? I just installed the stoptech kit for my F10 550i which uses ST60 six piston calipers and 380x35mm rotors. And it came with new SS lines and the correct adapters (would be same for 535i). The thing I would not be sure of now is that the E90 calipers would have the right clamp force and bias for a F10. From watching a video of their manufacturing and development process my understanding is they size the pistons per the application so not all ST60 calipers would be the same... there was a stoptech sale going at buybrakes.com and they had a couple more kits for F10 for only $1800. They had black or silver calipers available a few weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
kimoboy
Second Lieutenant
20
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

The sale is over. I will when they will have another one.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 08:44 AM   #8
Luky
Second Lieutenant
Luky's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: 2016 550i M Sport :D
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (2)

The website still shows it. He said they only do it every three years or so.

https://www.buybrakes.com/stoptech-b...big-brake-kits
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #9
kimoboy
Second Lieutenant
20
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Luky View Post
The website still shows it. He said they only do it every three years or so.

https://www.buybrakes.com/stoptech-b...big-brake-kits
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:07 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST