2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
 

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes What size tires????
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #1
MOBF10
First Lieutenant
58
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Msport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

What size tires????

I just picked up some brand new rotiform ind-t wheels.
F 20x9 et 35
R 20x10.5 et 35

I'm still stock height, for the moment, and need tire size suggestions. I obviously dont want a tire size that is too thin, would look pretty dumb, or a tire that too thick. Can anyone give me some suggestions or post pics of your setups to help me gauge? There are probably a million posts similar to this so I apologize.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #2
KEN210
New Member
China
6
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: F10/18 - 528
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: GZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
I just picked up some brand new rotiform ind-t wheels.
F 20x9 et 35
R 20x10.5 et 35

I'm still stock height, for the moment, and need tire size suggestions. I obviously dont want a tire size that is too thin, would look pretty dumb, or a tire that too thick. Can anyone give me some suggestions or post pics of your setups to help me gauge? There are probably a million posts similar to this so I apologize.
F: 245/40/20
R:275/35/20
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #3
MOBF10
First Lieutenant
58
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Msport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN210 View Post
F: 245/40/20
R:275/35/20
looks like youre lowered. looks good.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 10:30 AM   #4
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
1249
Rep
28,898
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

245/35/20 and 285/30/20.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
KEN210
New Member
China
6
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: F10/18 - 528
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: GZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN210 View Post
F: 245/40/20
R:275/35/20
looks like youre lowered. looks good.
Thanks. Yes, Using KW street comfort coilovers
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
MOBF10
First Lieutenant
58
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Msport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
245/35/20 and 285/30/20.
Thanks. Someone actually told me 255's in the front. Would 245 look better? Keep in mind I'm still stock suspension.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #7
remmib
General
remmib's Avatar
Norway
1249
Rep
28,898
Posts

Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
245/35/20 and 285/30/20.
Thanks. Someone actually told me 255's in the front. Would 245 look better? Keep in mind I'm still stock suspension.
Both 245/35 and 255/35 will work.
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3DDesign Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 1
MOBF1057.50

      04-18-2019, 06:48 PM   #8
MOBF10
First Lieutenant
58
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Msport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN210 View Post
Thanks. Yes, Using KW street comfort coilovers
How wide is your rear tire? Is there any stretch or is it normal?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2019, 08:17 PM   #9
KEN210
New Member
China
6
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: F10/18 - 528
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: GZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEN210 View Post
Thanks. Yes, Using KW street comfort coilovers
How wide is your rear tire? Is there any stretch or is it normal?
Back is 275/35/20 (10.5J With offset +35) Taken top and side view. After, had to do a bit of negative camber adjustment due to rubbing marks on the tires after running for a week. [IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 1
MOBF1057.50

      04-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #10
Proimport
Private
6
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 535i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Newport News

iTrader: (0)

255/35/20
285/30/20
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 10:50 AM   #11
MOBF10
First Lieutenant
58
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2015 535i Msport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Socal

iTrader: (0)

Thanks guys. I ended up going with 245/35 and 275/35. They look great. I appreciate all your help.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:38 PM   #12
Supermerkin
Private
12
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 14 BMW 550i M Sport
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOBF10 View Post
Thanks guys. I ended up going with 245/35 and 275/35. They look great. I appreciate all your help.
pics?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST