2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding 6WB DKOMBI cannot be seen in SVT

10-16-2022, 08:14 PM   #1
beng2k
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i 6Spd

TLDR didn't realize I left the most disconnected. I wouldn't have suspected but I pulled the headunit out quickly to see and voila. Didn't realize it flashed over MOST.

What's shocking is my Bluetooth still worked??

2011 550
NBT retrofit using 4SK and FSC pack
6WB DKOMBI
Built harness tapping into KCAN2 at the ZGW and runs to the ZBE3 and it all still works.
Trying to decide things so my oil level display did not require me to measure the level and just showed it. It did work in NBT before I played with things.

All was working fine. Coded both with Esys.
Not sure when the problem occurred but noticed it when I wired up the mic and installed the USB plug into the back of the HU. Went to re-VO code the cluster and headunit but the cluster failed.

I tried to flash it next but that failed as well leaving me with 50+ codes and a Christmas tree cluster. The lights all disappeared after it slept.

The cluster still functions. Only voice command button is the only working button on the steering wheel.

I had just refreshed my laptop and forgot to untick write to VCm/MSM so I have a non original FA stored with a ZK date if 1211.

The date does not save in NBT. The check functions in the vehicle info menu do not show anything.

My only inclination is that the ZK date is confusing CAN networks and causing a problem but the gateway hasn't been touched. I'm going to try another later ZK date but I gotta charge the battery.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Update: no change with ZK date. Compass doesn't work.
DKOMBI not visible in SVT with Read ECU only Read SVT
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:55 PM   #2
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Contact Will : will@bimmerretrola.com and he should be able to help you out with your coding needs.
Appreciate 0