2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Retrofit Combox (USB 2 - blue input)

01-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
denismusa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d pre-lci

Retrofit Combox (USB 2 - blue input)

Hi guys,

I need a little guidance. I'm gonna get Combox instead of my MULF2 box,
and it has the black usb cable on the mulf box just now.
But on the new Combox there is input/output for 2x usb, one black as on the mulf and plus the one extra in blue.

As I can understand the USB 2 input/output is if you have (6NF) option, and I have it, the snap-in/video baseplate on the armrest.
If you want to see music videos from your iPhone is has to be plugged in on the combox as I understand?

My question here is, the blue cable from the snap-in to the combox, where can I find it, because I already opened my snap-in and looked under, and I actually can see that the there is a blue cable plugged on the snap-in/video baseplate, but my problem is, I don't know where the cable goes to, I tried to look on the trunk where the mulf box is, but it's now there? I guess it's already prepared, does anybody know where the blue cable goes from the armrest to where? Because I'm gonna need the other end of the cable to plug it to the Combox.

See my pictures from my current MULF2 box in the trunk and the cables under my snap-in/video baseplate under the armrest for the blue cable.

Hope anybody can help!

Last edited by denismusa; 01-09-2019 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 05:43 AM   #2
denismusa
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 420d pre-lci

I think I found out that the "blue" cable from the baseplate goes into a USB-hub, and from the USB-hub the black cable to the MULF in trunk.

Does anybody know if I will get the snap-in menu on the screen with only one of the usb cables plugged into the combox?

This is how the USB-hub looks, I haven't found it's location though, and I don't need to find it if the snap-in thing will work on the screen anyway.

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #3
neverdone
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5, 335, Ford Lightning, 63 me

Where is the combox if it came from factory
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 01:18 AM   #4
egisz
Rep