2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications New to the neighborhood

10-27-2019, 11:18 AM   #1
graphicjunkie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 535d Msport Xdrive

New to the neighborhood

Hey all.
Just traded my 328d in on a 2016 535d.
Alpine white on black with M sport package.

Lovin the car so far, hoping to get the same economy out of this one.

After I started reading up on the car and engine, I discovered that the US model actually uses the European 530d set up. But I can't seem to find out what exactly that means other than essentially detuned. I would love to figure out how to get those extra 50hp out of it.

I had a piggy back for a while on my 328d. Thought it was pretty good, minus the CEL...until I got a KermaTDI flash tune on it. Then I realized just how crappy that piggy back was, so I don't want to go back to a piggy back if I can help it. But as of now KermaTDI doesn't have a tune for the 5.

But was wondering if anyone has a link that actually breaks down the difference between the two region models. I've been surfing the web since I got up this morning, and everything I read tells me the same thing. ...The US model actually runs the Euro 530d bla bla. So I apparently don't know the right question to ask, or the right verbiage to ask it in a search.

The only thing I HAVE found so far is that the US model runs at 1800 bar fuel pressure, while the EURO model runs at 2000. I did find "BMW released a 530d M Performance Kit for some markets boosting power to 210 kW (282 hp) and torque to 600 N⋅m (443 lb⋅ft)." Got all that from the wiki. But of course you don't get in depth info (where, how) on it. Gonna start looking at tuner companies.

Anyway, wanted to pop in and say hey.
Cheers,
Willy
Appreciate 0