2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Please help

11-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #1
David_Vasha
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i XDrive

Please help

Hey everyone I've got a 2011 bmw f10 535i and recently when it was raining I got an error stating that one of my drl's has gone wrong. I check it out to see what was wrong and why It could've happened and of course me being the genius I am left the headlight caps off the car. Anyways my mentality is that only the drl led module is screwed up because if it was the driver module for the entire headlight I would've gotten multiple codes thrown. BTW the headlight works normally except for the fact that the LED halo rings are dimly lit and pulsing. I'm thinking the drl repair kit will fix the issue. What's y'all opinion/advice?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 09:42 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Vasha View Post
Hey everyone I've got a 2011 bmw f10 535i and recently when it was raining I got an error stating that one of my drl's has gone wrong. I check it out to see what was wrong and why It could've happened and of course me being the genius I am left the headlight caps off the car. Anyways my mentality is that only the drl led module is screwed up because if it was the driver module for the entire headlight I would've gotten multiple codes thrown. BTW the headlight works normally except for the fact that the LED halo rings are dimly lit and pulsing. I'm thinking the drl repair kit will fix the issue. What's y'all opinion/advice?
I would think all you needed was the corona ring light bulb. It is replaced through the wheel well, behind the fender liner. The p/n is 63 12 7 262 731
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #3
David_Vasha
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
Quote:
I would think all you needed was the corona ring light bulb. It is replaced through the wheel well, behind the fender liner. The p/n is 63 12 7 262 731
That's what I'm thinking exactly. One question though, how did you get the wires to disconnect from the headlight? When I was looking into it there was no legitimate way for me to pull out the end of the wire that feeds into the headlight. I didn't want to break anything.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 04:15 PM   #4
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
That's what I'm thinking exactly. One question though, how did you get the wires to disconnect from the headlight? When I was looking into it there was no legitimate way for me to pull out the end of the wire that feeds into the headlight. I didn't want to break anything.
Says to remove headlight... There must be a way to access the bulb assembly without removing the headlight.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ights/BA3UYPcz
Appreciate 0