2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media pin striping on diffuser

12-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #1
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

pin striping on diffuser

looking to add some pinstriping on the diffuser and trying to decide what color to go with? something that's very subtle and not so bright like red and orange. maybe a gray or silver? the pinstriping will be on the edge of the tray I made than up the diffuser fin itself right down the middle of it since the pinstriping will only be 3mm (1/8") which will still show the cf fin on both sides of the pinstriping. it will also outline the inner diffuser as well. let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions

~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 09:38 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
looking to add some pinstriping on the diffuser and trying to decide what color to go with? something that's very subtle and not so bright like red and orange. maybe a gray or silver? the pinstriping will be on the edge of the tray I made than up the diffuser fin itself right down the middle of it since the pinstriping will only be 3mm (1/8") which will still show the cf fin on both sides of the pinstriping. it will also outline the inner diffuser as well. let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions
To me, it's too much. IMHO, subtlety is the key. As it stands, your mods are tasteful yet aggressive at the same time. You don't want to "rice-out" your car and have it have a "look at me" attitude. Your car's booty is pretty perfect, IMHO.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #3
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
To me, it's too much. IMHO, subtlety is the key. As it stands, your mods are tasteful yet aggressive at the same time. You don't want to "rice-out" your car and have it have a "look at me" attitude. Your car's booty is pretty perfect, IMHO.
awesome thanks! i'm just spitting ideas out. there's a guy on Instagram who has his with red pin striping and it looks cool. but without seeing it in person it's hard to tell if I would like it or not
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 12:27 AM   #4
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
awesome thanks! i'm just spitting ideas out. there's a guy on Instagram who has his with red pin striping and it looks cool. but without seeing it in person it's hard to tell if I would like it or not
The good news is if you do it and don't like it you can always peel off the tape. My last car was silver and the previous owner put on a maroon (taped) stripe. While it was tasteful, it wasn't my cup of tea. It was easily removed and with a simple polish you could never tell it was there.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #5
Ickdeep
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 M5 | '15 F15 X5

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
2013 BMW M5 [SOLD]  [10.00]
2013 BMW 535i [SOLD]  [10.00]
Id say carbon golden as it would go with your rims.
Appreciate 1
      12-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #6
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickdeep View Post
Id say carbon golden as it would go with your rims.
that might work
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 02:43 AM   #7
Jezzario
Rep
Drives: F10 530d 245 M Sport

If you're interested to see it, the latest Manhaart MH5 800 uses them all round...in gold. Link below is a view from the rear. It's a slightly more subtle approach than pin striping all the fins.
https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/jp...-manhart-6.jpg

I think pin striping is very much to your personal taste. After seeing it on this Manhaart M5 I decided to try it out on my f10.....but with grey stripes. Front, side and rear only. (not keen on the Le Man style racing stripes) TBH, I still can't quite decide whether it looks sweet or whether it's one grain of rice too far!
As said above, if you don't like it you can remove as easy as it goes on. For the sake of a few bucks I'd give it a go and see what you think. Have to say that ride of yours is mint. Followed your updates for a while.
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2019, 03:15 PM   #8
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzario View Post
If you're interested to see it, the latest Manhaart MH5 800 uses them all round...in gold. Link below is a view from the rear. It's a slightly more subtle approach than pin striping all the fins.
https://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/jp...-manhart-6.jpg

I think pin striping is very much to your personal taste. After seeing it on this Manhaart M5 I decided to try it out on my f10.....but with grey stripes. Front, side and rear only. (not keen on the Le Man style racing stripes) TBH, I still can't quite decide whether it looks sweet or whether it's one grain of rice too far!
As said above, if you don't like it you can remove as easy as it goes on. For the sake of a few bucks I'd give it a go and see what you think. Have to say that ride of yours is mint. Followed your updates for a while.
that's definitely different than what I was expecting. a bit too much for me but it looks cool. I may try my idea, post some pictures and see what everyone thinks
Appreciate 0