2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications Drivetrain Malfunction - Frustration

12-09-2019, 04:16 PM   #1
scoobdawg
Private
Rep
Drives: f10

Drivetrain Malfunction - Frustration

Just had my Valve cover replaced on my F10 due to a crack - Upon getting the car back, I've now received the dreaded "Drivetrain Malfunction" error - Engine light does not come on and car does not go into limp mode - Car drives fine - Brought the car back to my Mechanic who found a Vaccum Leak and subsequently repaired it - Been driving the car for a little over a week with no issues - Yesterday Drivetrain malfunction again - Brought back and the mechanic told me that the car threw a "one time low boost pressure error" - They are thinking that the engine had adapted to the leak and that the Engine adaptions need to be reset - They're hoping this will fix the issue - They're driving it over the next few days to see if they can recreate the problem.

Thoughts??? Is it time for a new car????
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 07:27 AM   #2
OnlyGerman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, F13, F10, E60

That message could mean many things. I got it and also had the low pressure and many other codes. I reset and has not returned. I think it has something to do with my Dinan sport tuner.
Appreciate 0